Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello From Leicestershire, Uk

JChilton92

Hi all,

In the next 12 months I hope to get a low mileage IS200 Sport, manual transmission for under £5000. I joined the forum to try and learn as much as I can before I commit to buying one. I've already read the buyer's guide, I just need some ideas on what is possible with them in terms of tuning, interior and sound etc.

Cheers,

Jake

If I do buy one, I have a few plans for them so if people could point me in the right direction please, it would be much appreciated!

Exterior:

I see some pictures on the Internet of a front bumper that looks really aggressive. I've seen it called "Tte" "TRD" and the bumper from the Altezza so I'm not sure what it is and where to get one. Here's a link to the picture:

Front Bumper:

http://www.carboninmotion.com/image/cache/data/Lexus%20IS/IS200/Version%20TRD/VersionTRDFrontBumper-800x530.jpg

I've also seen other bits of body kit that I like and I don't know what they are called or where to get them from

Rear Bumper + front wheel arch:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b200/ryanthaniel/philly3.jpg

Have the arches been rolled on the above?

Cheers all,

Jake

Hi and welcome to LOC.

Firstly, £5000 is a massive budget nowadays for a 200. You should be able to get an immaculate IS200 Sport with low miles 70k and below, and full service history for half that money!

The first pic you linked to is called a Legana bumper. This is not a TTE or TRD bumper/kit. These legana bumpers are very rare and very sought after. They were an optional extra on Altezzas in Japan and are sometimes referred to as Altezza bumpers.

The other links you've listed seem to be custom jobs.

The other kits that were available in the UK were TTE and TRD.

This is my old IS200 with TTE kit

2463FCB4-8A66-4D43-B179-0ABF8A2B15CD_zps

CE6E41AD-0AB9-4ABA-B8A7-1E4D46A56962_zps

The TTE kit did not come with side skirts.

This is the TRD kit

6D3EFB1E-3ECC-4AB3-9962-F899E217E435_zps

If you have £5000 to spend tho I'd seriously consider either an IS250 (2nd generation) or an IS300. I swapped up to a 300 a couple if months ago, they may look identical to 200's but the 300 has a 2jz lump under the bonnet and is so much quicker than a 200 :)

Hi and welcome to LOC.

Firstly, £5000 is a massIve budget nowadays for a 200. You should be able to get an immaculate IS200 Sport with low miles 70k and below, and full service history for half that money!

The first pic you linked to is called a Legana bumper. This is not a TTE or TRD bumper/kit. These legana bumpers are very rare and very sought after. They were an optional extra on Altezzas in Japan and are sometimes referred to as Altezza bumpers.

The other links you've listed seem to be custom jobs.

The other kits that were available in the UK were TTE and TRD.

This is my old IS200 with TTE kit

2463FCB4-8A66-4D43-B179-0ABF8A2B15CD_zps

CE6E41AD-0AB9-4ABA-B8A7-1E4D46A56962_zps

The TTE kit did not come with side skirts.

This is the TRD kit

6D3EFB1E-3ECC-4AB3-9962-F899E217E435_zps

If you have £5000 to spend tho I'd seriously consider either an IS250 (2nd generation) or an IS300. I swapped up to a 300 a couple if months ago, they may look identical to 200's but the 300 has a 2jz lump under the bonnet and is so much quicker than a 200 :)

Chris,

Cheers for the quick, informative reply.

I don't really want an auto box. I've tried the paddle shift on the second generation and third generation and I found The second generation gear change to be a bit slow for me. The new is has a really good paddle shift. Unfortunately, I'm not a huge fan of paddle shift as I like to have a clutch. Though I am open to persuasion haha.

What advantage would an IS250 be?

Cheers,

Jake

Only advantage of a 250 for me would be that it's newer. Also you'll get better mpg from a 250 and they are quicker slightly. I prefer the 1st gen IS tho.... Timeless design for me!

The auto box on the 300 really is amazing and was well ahead of it's time back in 2001. The manual mode (button shifters) are very very good. I swore I'd never own another automatic but after driving a 300 that was it I was sold.. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links