Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aux/av Input

I think you need a 3.5mm 3 or 4 pole male to male cable. This would plug in the headphone socket on the Ipod. Another alternative would be the apple connector to 3xRCA (or phono plug) cable (left, right stereo, plus composite video), then add a 3 x RCA to 3.5mm adaptor.

I don't think it works over USB.

There are loads of cables on eBay or amazon from a few pounds each. Or Maplin may have some too.

• Like 1

That's how I have mine at the moment. Plays music audio fine that way but for music videos you only get the audio. The manual seems to imply that you can get the video via the AUX input but I am unsure how to cable it up.

• Like 1

Success at last :) I finally managed to get the music videos playing on the NAV display from my iPod touch. I had to use the apple A/V adaptor from the 30pin connector on the iPod. That adaptor gives you the left and right audio and composite video on male phono type plugs and it also gives you a USB plug. I then got a composite video to 4-pole 3.5mm lead to plug into the AUX input in the IS. Then connected the two sets of male phono connectors via a three way phono joiner adaptor. Set the video playback for the A/V input on the car to NTSC (that threw me for a while cause I thought we were PAL) and hey presto Ellie Goulding vids on the Nav display from the iPod touch and I still get to select via the car menus. All I need now is to be able to override the parking brake inhibit so my passenger can watch vids on the move grrrrr!

• 1 year later...

Hi Neil thanks for the post, I'm new to the group and have just tried connecting an Iphone 4s via a similar setup Iphone to male 3rca with USB. Then that plugs into female 3rca to 3.5mm aud port of the is300h. Problem is not the video but the sound. Whilst playing the sound on the phone it all works fine the moment I plug in the USB the video pauses on the phone and I click play only for the sound to play from the speakers for just few seconds and then dead silence. The video playback still plays fine. Any help will be great. Thanks.

Success at last :) I finally managed to get the music videos playing on the NAV display from my iPod touch. .........

All I need now is to be able to override the parking brake inhibit so my passenger can watch vids on the move grrrrr!

surely if it's on the Satnav screen, it would distract you if you could see it? Isn't that illegal?

Ok you can see the Satnav maps etc, but you are not constantly watching that.

• 1 year later...
On 15/02/2014 at 8:37 PM, Richard1200 said:

I have a picture of the two of us on holiday as a start up picture on the screen. Impresses my passengers.

Does anyone know how to do that?!

thanks!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links