Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Devils Advocate Alert...

I am not standing for or against this person so do not think i am either way.

I will use the wording ALLEGED as without documented visual proof of conviction i will not say guilty or innocent, so in my eyes i will take the UK legal stance, innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Lets forget the vsc sensor, door not closing or the few other issues for now but concentrate on 1 only, mileage.

It is a criminal offence to tamper with the mileage on any vehicle that is UK registered and for use on public roads.

So if any ALLEGED proof of this person tampering is there, then please tell the Police, they are the ones who need to know.

The other bits are covered here...

The sales of goods act 1979 is your friend if you have already purchased the vehicle and it is not as described, fit for purpose or of satisfactory quality. Know your rights

Advertising a car with incorrect information also falls under the Advertising Standards Authority, so any issue you have proof of then you need to contact them. They can take action if they feel the advertiser mislead customers with the advert.

Ebay and Trading standards can't prosecute a criminal act, Trading standards will operate with the police.

Trading standards won't move on 1 complaint, if everybody made 1 complaint they would never get anything done so they have to have guidelines.

Ebay can block an account if they feel it is against the rules, but they cannot stop the same person opening another or several under different names.

So playing lexuschap or whatever he calls himself tennis with each other isn't solving anything, in fact it is annoying people, look to the facts and inform the relevant people, not ebay or trading standards, the police are the lads to fix it if the guilt is there.

The police were informed and sent evidence together with the name and telephone number of a witness as to what went on with the car that did a lot or reverse driving and they couldn't be bothered.

I know eBay have no powers with relation to prosecution but they can make life difficult for those who break the rules but as long as they are getting money from them they are not bothered.

As for those being annoyed by the thread Chris there is a simple answer to that.................... Mike

Devils Advocate Alert...

I will use the wording ALLEGED as without documented visual proof of conviction i will not say guilty or innocent, so in my eyes i will take the UK legal stance, innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Lets forget the vsc sensor, door not closing or the few other issues for now but concentrate on 1 only, mileage.

It is a criminal offence to tamper with the mileage on any vehicle that is UK registered and for use on public roads.

So if any ALLEGED proof of this person tampering is there, then please tell the Police, they are the ones who need to know.

The sales of goods act 1979 is your friend if you have already purchased the vehicle and it is not as described, fit for purpose or of satisfactory quality. Know your rights

Advertising a car with incorrect information also falls under the Advertising Standards Authority, so any issue you have proof of then you need to contact them. They can take action if they feel the advertiser mislead customers with the advert.

Ebay and Trading standards can't prosecute a criminal act, Trading standards will operate with the police.

Trading standards won't move on 1 complaint, if everybody made 1 complaint they would never get anything done so they have to have guidelines.

Ebay can block an account if they feel it is against the rules, but they cannot stop the same person opening another or several under different names.

So playing lexuschap or whatever he calls himself tennis with each other isn't solving anything, in fact it is annoying people, look to the facts and inform the relevant people, not ebay or trading standards, the police are the lads to fix it if the guilt is there.

The police were informed and sent evidence together with the name and telephone number of a witness as to what went on with the car that did a lot or reverse driving and they couldn't be bothered.

I know eBay have no powers with relation to prosecution but they can make life difficult for those who break the rules but as long as they are getting money from them they are not bothered.

As for those being annoyed by the thread Chris there is a simple answer to that.................... Mike

I wasn't commenting that it was annoying me, personally i don't care one way or the other, i don't own a lexus anymore, (got me a better toy to play with) i was implying it was you and a couple of others that are getting annoyed, but hey-ho you didn't spot it.

Again the devils advocate. I do not know why the police or eBay took no action, but they have their reasons which we are not privvy too.

The crux of my comments were to get facts and give them to the right people, if they can't or won't do anything then you have to accept that, then you need to ask why won't they do anything, is it because the evidence gathered shows nothing worthy of prosecution or insufficient evidence, we don't know and they certainly won't tell us.

People have had accounts closed by eBay for less then this chap has been claimed to have done, so what maybe the reason for their non action. We don't know if they have had a word with him, that is between eBay and the account holder.

Constantly going on about it won't fix it nor will it make it go away and in all honesty it makes this forum look just as bad as a ford forum where they do this stuff all the time.

I thought this forum was better than that, civilised and helpful, this topic shows a darker side to to this forum and some of it's members. And don't take it personally, it is not an attack against you or anyone else. When you look at this topic, form the bigger picture, it does not make for good reading for anyone. I am now an outsider looking in and if i can see it so can prospective other lexus owners, i know it is good to help each other out and give advice and pointers to where to go and what to avoid but this topic seems to go beyond that, and that in itself can be a detriment to prospective new lexus owners and members of this forum.

• Like 1

Devils Advocate Alert...

I wasn't commenting that it was annoying me, personally i don't care one way or the other, i don't own a lexus anymore, (got me a better toy to play with) i was implying it was you and a couple of others that are getting annoyed, but hey-ho you didn't spot it.

Again the devils advocate. I do not know why the police or eBay took no action, but they have their reasons which we are not privvy too.

The crux of my comments were to get facts and give them to the right people, if they can't or won't do anything then you have to accept that, then you need to ask why won't they do anything, is it because the evidence gathered shows nothing worthy of prosecution or insufficient evidence, we don't know and they certainly won't tell us.

People have had accounts closed by eBay for less then this chap has been claimed to have done, so what maybe the reason for their non action. We don't know if they have had a word with him, that is between eBay and the account holder.

Constantly going on about it won't fix it nor will it make it go away and in all honesty it makes this forum look just as bad as a ford forum where they do this stuff all the time.

I thought this forum was better than that, civilised and helpful, this topic shows a darker side to to this forum and some of it's members. And don't take it personally, it is not an attack against you or anyone else. When you look at this topic, form the bigger picture, it does not make for good reading for anyone. I am now an outsider looking in and if i can see it so can prospective other lexus owners, i know it is good to help each other out and give advice and pointers to where to go and what to avoid but this topic seems to go beyond that, and that in itself can be a detriment to prospective new lexus owners and members of this forum.

I have pmd you Chris.

The point is that Lexuschap has put a wrong description on eBay, obviously to attract people. I could advertise my LS400 as 10/10, 100% mint, ££££ on service history and 1000 miles for £2000.

Now that would be attractive would it not?

When they do come and see it is totally bull****. But some fool may purchase it after some pesuasion.

That is his sales & marketing tactics.

The point is that Lexuschap has put a wrong description on ebay, obviously to attract people. I could advertise my LS400 as 10/10, 100% mint, ££££ on service history and 1000 miles for £2000.

Now that would be attractive would it not?

When they do come and see it is totally bull****. But some fool may purchase it after some pesuasion.

That is his sales & marketing tactics.

Reports from LOC people who have gone to pay and pick a car up from him are that once you start inspecting the car against the description he has given and you start finding out its just a work of fiction he becomes very aggressive and abusive as you start pointing these faults out. Great marketing tactic. Mike.

I'll withdraw from this: don't want to annoy anyone.

My main point was a general one - it is dismayingly easy to build up a head of steam against someone on internet forums and I think the same rules should apply as in non-internet life - don't make allegations you can't prove, don't be unnecessarily nasty, don't threaten people. It's not much to ask :)

Devils Advocate Alert...

I'm intrigued now, what's a better toy than a lexus?

Messi,

Ah I see. He's selling it cheap though and he must be making money as well. Wonder why anyone would sell an Ls430 in that condition for so little money.......

What was the invite to LOC members please?

Incidentally, this is the result of clicking on the revisions link for this auction, can't believe eBay allow him to get away with this practice.

The following revisions have been made:
Date Time Revised Information 25-Feb-15 15:21:02 GMT

PictureURL: Pictures Added/Deleted
Description

27-Feb-15 16:43:01 GMT

Description

28-Feb-15 16:33:32 GMT

Advertised price
Subtitle
Gallery
Title
Description

28-Feb-15 16:34:37 GMT

Description

28-Feb-15 16:36:25 GMT

Description

01-Mar-15 02:24:05 GMT

Description

01-Mar-15 02:26:55 GMT

Advertised price
Title
Description

03-Mar-15 23:28:25 GMT

Advertised price
Subtitle
Gallery
Title
Description

04-Mar-15 11:29:44 GMT

Advertised price
Title
Description

04-Mar-15 14:36:45 GMT

Advertised price
Title
Description

05-Mar-15 00:00:51 GMT

06-Mar-15 00:59:17 GMT

Description

07-Mar-15 16:06:28 GMT

Advertised price
Title
Description

07-Mar-15 16:08:08 GMT

Description

07-Mar-15 16:09:25 GMT

Description

07-Mar-15 18:46:05 GMT

Advertised price
Subtitle
Title
Description

07-Mar-15 19:09:52 GMT

Advertised price
Title
Description

08-Mar-15 17:09:51 GMT

Advertised price
Title
Description

13-Mar-15 14:57:05 GMT

Advertised price
Subtitle
Gallery
Title
Description

13-Mar-15 15:01:23 GMT

Description

14-Mar-15 12:26:53 GMT

Description

15-Mar-15 16:42:46 GMT

Advertised price
Subtitle
Gallery
Title
Description

15-Mar-15 16:43:37 GMT

Description

15-Mar-15 16:50:23 GMT

Description

15-Mar-15 16:54:45 GMT

Description

15-Mar-15 19:24:59 GMT

Advertised price
Title
Description

18-Mar-15 16:08:48 GMT

Subtitle
Title
Description

19-Mar-15 00:41:52 GMT

Description

• Like 1

Thanks Rudy, he has two auctions running, both for 430s, and I was looking at the other one.

Here is the revisions list for the car under discussion, not dissimilar to the other one I posted.

Date Time Revised Information 26-Feb-15 22:17:47 GMT

Description

28-Feb-15 16:38:07 GMT

Description

01-Mar-15 02:13:13 GMT

Description
Subtitle
Title
Advertised price

01-Mar-15 02:14:18 GMT

Description

01-Mar-15 02:27:46 GMT

Description
Title
Advertised price

03-Mar-15 01:11:59 GMT

Description
Subtitle
Title
Advertised price
Gallery

03-Mar-15 01:15:55 GMT

Description

05-Mar-15 17:14:18 GMT

Description
Subtitle
Title
Advertised price
Gallery

05-Mar-15 17:15:08 GMT

Description

05-Mar-15 17:17:00 GMT

Description

07-Mar-15 18:55:40 GMT

Description

07-Mar-15 19:03:48 GMT

Description

08-Mar-15 19:11:08 GMT

Description
Subtitle
Title
Advertised price
Gallery

10-Mar-15 15:22:57 GMT

11-Mar-15 02:10:41 GMT

Description
Subtitle
Title
Advertised price
Gallery

11-Mar-15 02:16:37 GMT

Description

11-Mar-15 02:20:32 GMT

Description

11-Mar-15 13:30:00 GMT

Description
Gallery

11-Mar-15 13:32:46 GMT

Description

11-Mar-15 22:57:58 GMT

Description
Subtitle
Title
Advertised price

11-Mar-15 23:01:51 GMT

Description

11-Mar-15 23:08:08 GMT

Description

12-Mar-15 12:26:02 GMT

Description
Gallery

14-Mar-15 19:51:36 GMT

Description
Subtitle
Title
Gallery

14-Mar-15 19:52:19 GMT

Description

14-Mar-15 19:54:33 GMT

14-Mar-15 20:16:07 GMT

Description

15-Mar-15 01:16:22 GMT

Description

15-Mar-15 23:13:05 GMT

Description
Title
Advertised price

15-Mar-15 23:13:54 GMT

Description

16-Mar-15 11:39:26 GMT

Description
Title

16-Mar-15 18:52:11 GMT

Description
Title
Advertised price
Gallery

16-Mar-15 18:56:28 GMT

Title
Advertised price

18-Mar-15 20:28:38 GMT

Description
Subtitle
Title
Advertised price
Gallery

18-Mar-15 20:30:19 GMT

Description

19-Mar-15 00:36:14 GMT

Description

Thanks Rudy, he has two auctions running, both for 430s, and I was looking at the other one.

Here is the revisions list for the car under discussion, not dissimilar to the other one I posted.

Date Time Revised Information 26-Feb-15 22:17:47 GMT

Description

28-Feb-15 16:38:07 GMT

Description

01-Mar-15 02:13:13 GMT

Description

Subtitle

Title

Advertised price

01-Mar-15 02:14:18 GMT

Description

01-Mar-15 02:27:46 GMT

Description

Title

Advertised price

03-Mar-15 01:11:59 GMT

Description

Subtitle

Title

Advertised price

Gallery

03-Mar-15 01:15:55 GMT

Description

05-Mar-15 17:14:18 GMT

Description

Subtitle

Title

Advertised price

Gallery

05-Mar-15 17:15:08 GMT

Description

05-Mar-15 17:17:00 GMT

Description

07-Mar-15 18:55:40 GMT

Description

07-Mar-15 19:03:48 GMT

Description

08-Mar-15 19:11:08 GMT

Description

Subtitle

Title

Advertised price

Gallery

10-Mar-15 15:22:57 GMT

11-Mar-15 02:10:41 GMT

Description

Subtitle

Title

Advertised price

Gallery

11-Mar-15 02:16:37 GMT

Description

11-Mar-15 02:20:32 GMT

Description

11-Mar-15 13:30:00 GMT

Description

Gallery

11-Mar-15 13:32:46 GMT

Description

11-Mar-15 22:57:58 GMT

Description

Subtitle

Title

Advertised price

11-Mar-15 23:01:51 GMT

Description

11-Mar-15 23:08:08 GMT

Description

12-Mar-15 12:26:02 GMT

Description

Gallery

14-Mar-15 19:51:36 GMT

Description

Subtitle

Title

Gallery

14-Mar-15 19:52:19 GMT

Description

14-Mar-15 19:54:33 GMT

14-Mar-15 20:16:07 GMT

Description

15-Mar-15 01:16:22 GMT

Description

15-Mar-15 23:13:05 GMT

Description

Title

Advertised price

15-Mar-15 23:13:54 GMT

Description

16-Mar-15 11:39:26 GMT

Description

Title

16-Mar-15 18:52:11 GMT

Description

Title

Advertised price

Gallery

16-Mar-15 18:56:28 GMT

Title

Advertised price

18-Mar-15 20:28:38 GMT

Description

Subtitle

Title

Advertised price

Gallery

18-Mar-15 20:30:19 GMT

Description

19-Mar-15 00:36:14 GMT

Description

Hes been doing this for months. I reported him to eBay more times than I care to remember but they don't care. They are making money out of him and that's all they care about. Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I'm new here and just wanted to add some comments to this very long thread.

I've been after a big car for a while now and was looking at 745's A8's and then found the LS430's. Granted the LS430 may not look quite as nice externally but wow the inside is just amazing and the engine is so refined it's unbelievable.

Anyway, back on topic... I first noticed the lexusguy selling an LS430 (dark blue one) for 1800 I think about a month and a half ago (maybe more) and I went to have a look at it as i wanted to see what all the fuss was about regarding the LS. I think it's the same LS as he's recently sold again a few days ago for £1500?

Anyway, the car drove pretty poor to be honest and it was a bit rough around the edges so I declined to buy it and rightly so as the suspension wasn't really very clever at all. In regards to the Lexusguy although he may have got over excited on his ebay/gumtree description of the car I did find him to be fairly pleasant to be honest.

After declining that LS I continued looking for 745's and A8's even having a look at an A8 but again the suspension was no good on it so passed it up.

A couple of weeks ago I (as i was checking cars every day getting desperate to buy something) I noticed the lexusguy with a silver and green LS this time and immediately contacted him asking to have a look. I went over to look at the silver one initially but the light green one was the one I ended up buying from him.

To be honest again I know he over describes but for the sake of less than 2k I knew that the car wasn't going to be purfect so took it from him knowing there will be little niggles here and there with it. I figured it would be better to go 2k on a LS430 than 4 or 5 K on an A8 or 745 as they will also probably have niggles with them.

I must admit the LS430 I got off him drives very well indeed, even though it has rather high mileage, the only real things I can fault are the brakes will need doing at the front and the tracking needs sorting. I'm probably going to replace some bushes and anti roll bar links etc too and then get it a good service or a terraclean too maybe?

The interior is pretty much imaculate (as he described) and the exterior is pretty good too for the age.

The only real other faults I have noticed (although they don't really bother me) are :-

Drivers soft close doesn't work

Remote Key fob buttons don't really do anything, only the keyless works, may need to get it reprogrammed?

Apart from that I'm very happy... did someone say it was a members car on here before? It may well be as it is in great condition.

Overall i'll not be putting much mileage on it and just want a nice cruiser which is why I didn't mind spending the money on it.

The Lexusguy himself I have no quarms with, granted he may be a little bit misleading in advertising the cars but lets face it, he's selling them very cheap compared to normal dealers etc and yes there will be niggles which is why they are cheap...

I get the impression that all he's trying to do is just buy cars for as cheap as he can and then try and turn them around to make a couple of hundred on each one.

If he had another car come up that caught my eye I would consider viewing it but I'd like to keep this LS430 going for as long as I can as I really do love it.

Just need to find a good price on the parts now...

Matt

Hi Guys,

I'm new here and just wanted to add some comments to this very long thread.

I've been after a big car for a while now and was looking at 745's A8's and then found the LS430's. Granted the LS430 may not look quite as nice externally but wow the inside is just amazing and the engine is so refined it's unbelievable.

Anyway, back on topic... I first noticed the lexusguy selling an LS430 (dark blue one) for 1800 I think about a month and a half ago (maybe more) and I went to have a look at it as i wanted to see what all the fuss was about regarding the LS. I think it's the same LS as he's recently sold again a few days ago for £1500?

Anyway, the car drove pretty poor to be honest and it was a bit rough around the edges so I declined to buy it and rightly so as the suspension wasn't really very clever at all. In regards to the Lexusguy although he may have got over excited on his ebay/gumtree description of the car I did find him to be fairly pleasant to be honest.

After declining that LS I continued looking for 745's and A8's even having a look at an A8 but again the suspension was no good on it so passed it up.

A couple of weeks ago I (as i was checking cars every day getting desperate to buy something) I noticed the lexusguy with a silver and green LS this time and immediately contacted him asking to have a look. I went over to look at the silver one initially but the light green one was the one I ended up buying from him.

To be honest again I know he over describes but for the sake of less than 2k I knew that the car wasn't going to be purfect so took it from him knowing there will be little niggles here and there with it. I figured it would be better to go 2k on a LS430 than 4 or 5 K on an A8 or 745 as they will also probably have niggles with them.

I must admit the LS430 I got off him drives very well indeed, even though it has rather high mileage, the only real things I can fault are the brakes will need doing at the front and the tracking needs sorting. I'm probably going to replace some bushes and anti roll bar links etc too and then get it a good service or a terraclean too maybe?

The interior is pretty much imaculate (as he described) and the exterior is pretty good too for the age.

The only real other faults I have noticed (although they don't really bother me) are :-

Drivers soft close doesn't work

Remote Key fob buttons don't really do anything, only the keyless works, may need to get it reprogrammed?

Apart from that I'm very happy... did someone say it was a members car on here before? It may well be as it is in great condition.

Overall i'll not be putting much mileage on it and just want a nice cruiser which is why I didn't mind spending the money on it.

The Lexusguy himself I have no quarms with, granted he may be a little bit misleading in advertising the cars but lets face it, he's selling them very cheap compared to normal dealers etc and yes there will be niggles which is why they are cheap...

I get the impression that all he's trying to do is just buy cars for as cheap as he can and then try and turn them around to make a couple of hundred on each one.

If he had another car come up that caught my eye I would consider viewing it but I'd like to keep this LS430 going for as long as I can as I really do love it.

Just need to find a good price on the parts now...

Matt

Hi Matt and welcome to the LOC. We are a friendly bunch and some of us are very knowledgeable about the finest car ever made.

I am pleased you had a pleasant experience with Lexuschap, unlike the guy who bought an LS of him that lost in excess of 100,000 miles in the few hours from the moment he bought it and Lexuschap presenting it on eBay. Mike.

• Like 1

........... and the moral of another event in the long chequered history of this guy..................... . ripping that poor guy off in stealing ( was it ? ) his personalised numberplate !

Malc

I remember him writing in the ad that he cannot fault that car he sold you and it's got no issues etc etc, I wonder how he managed to miss the drivers door soft close not working? It's not like it's hard to miss