Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Saw this one:

http://www.tridentcars.net/car-details.php?CarID=138

They want top dollar for it though.

Saw that on eBay last night, nice car but, as you say, top money, and I didn't much care for the attitude of the dealer on the eBay listing.

Don't bother coming to look unless you've got the money in your pocket, don't ask for a price for your part ex, we're not here to give free valuations, that type of thing.

I know time wasters are annoying, but they're part of the job.

Saw this one:

Saw that on eBay last night, nice car but, as you say, top money, and I didn't much care for the attitude of the dealer on the eBay listing.

Don't bother coming to look unless you've got the money in your pocket, don't ask for a price for your part ex, we're not here to give free valuations, that type of thing.

My mark 4 was in much better condition than that and I thought I did well at £2k! Think he is dreaming a bit with that price. Took me a good few weeks before I finally got a sale too.

I hate that though when eBay sellers put that in the description, I boycott sellers now purely because of it.

• Like 1

Saw this one:

My mark 4 was in much better condition than that and I thought I did well at £2k! Think he is dreaming a bit with that price. Took me a good few weeks before I finally got a sale too.

I hate that though when eBay sellers put that in the description, I boycott sellers now purely because of it.

That attitude is probably why some of their cars hang around for so long. If they are being rude to you before you've even spoken to them can you imagine how bad they are when you get there and decide its not for you. Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

That gold LS400 [M13BOS] was my car for fifteen years until recently.

I considered the car at the end of its life because of rust, particularly underneath around the rear sub frame. Bubbles also starting to come through on the rear wings and sills.

If not for the corrosion it would have remained in the family as it was one of the finest pieces of engineering I have ever experienced.

Now involved with extensive research on rust proofing [ok, reducing] the 2004 LS430 which takes its place.

That gold LS400 [M13BOS] was my car for fifteen years until recently.

I considered the car at the end of its life because of rust, particularly underneath around the rear sub frame. Bubbles also starting to come through on the rear wings and sills.

If not for the corrosion it would have remained in the family as it was one of the finest pieces of engineering I have ever experienced.

Now involved with extensive research on rust proofing [ok, reducing] the 2004 LS430 which takes its place.

It does beg the question how much would it have cost to have a welding job done? We seem to pay hundreds for OEM parts with virtually only a flinch, and yet someone with good welding skills, sheet metal and strengthening bar just doesn't seem to light our fire or come into the equation.

I've got simiilar rust issues on my car as I did have a good look recently.

Whats the downside of having welding done?

Is it the time factor, removing carpets too much of a fag, cost or what?

If these cars are going to be around a long long time then owners will have to consider such work, surely?

Anyone had any welding done -put up your digit!

............ none done on my Lexuses at any time but I have had welding done on my Mazda and it's pretty painless and often at a tiny cost really ... depends who you use to do it, like any job on a car, and how extensive the rot is when it's discovered.

The problem with rot on many cars ( and I don't mean surface rust ) is that it can often eat into structural, difficult to get to areas that can and often do, make repair just so uneconomic, whatever the car and the life of the drivetrain and interior etc.

Malc

• Like 1

I cannot see how M13 BOS is a Northern Irish registration. The car was sold to me by Lexus Leicester with that number in 2000 and the previous service history was all in the midlands.

Have spent this afternoon under my LS430 up on a ramp with rust converter liquid. We concentrated on the structural elements particularly the sub frame.

The very experienced mechanic with me commented that even the thought of dropping such a sub frame to carry out any remedial welding made him feel poor.

When you are faced with MOT advisories, 'severe corrosion to rear sub frame', 'rear coil springs corroded' and when my own inspection showed the sills were starting to rust I did not for a moment consider welding repairs a viable option.

I cannot see how M13 BOS is a Northern Irish registration. The car was sold to me by Lexus Leicester with that number in 2000 and the previous service history was all in the midlands.

Have spent this afternoon under my LS430 up on a ramp with rust converter liquid. We concentrated on the structural elements particularly the sub frame.

The very experienced mechanic with me commented that even the thought of dropping such a sub frame to carry out any remedial welding made him feel poor.

When you are faced with MOT advisories, 'severe corrosion to rear sub frame', 'rear coil springs corroded' and when my own inspection showed the sills were starting to rust I did not for a moment consider welding repairs a viable option.

Well that's odd, the car there now is a different one to the one that came up yesterday. Mike.

I hear it's even easier to clock them now, just plug in your lappy and, with the right software, pick your mileage.

Against that, there is more scope to check previous mileage readings now, mot etc.

Don't believe all the hype put out by motor manufactures. Clocking cars is easier than ever. The electronic world is very friendly to those who wish to use it for nefarious activities. remember that next time you use a contact less Credit/Debit card. Mike.

Saw this one:

HA HA NOW REDUCED BY £500

might of been cheaper to drop the attitude in the first place

On the face of it, does look a good car with a good service history - shame about the dealer attitude - he has probably had lots of tyre kickers who just want a drive in a car they can't really afford - this still does not excuse his earlier comments.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links