Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I was going to keep out of this thread, but I've just seen a Mk4 he has for sale - with no MoT - which he says not to ask any questions about! Furthermore it has comedy wheels (which you are expected to pay extra for) - but no views of the proper wheels (which supposedly come as standard) or their tyres.

Even through the blurred telephone photos, you can tell it's a pretty tired looking car.

The spelling and grammar in the ad leave a lot to be desired, too.

I suppose, though, that it's unfair to single out this guy when there are hundreds of others up and down the country doing business like this every day.

im pretty sure that car he has advertised more than once - im guessing it needs the rear suspension trailing arms bushes which is a big job so thats why he hasnt motd it

and we all know tax doesnt get carried over any more so why advertise it !

I was going to keep out of this thread, but I've just seen a Mk4 he has for sale - with no MoT - which he says not to ask any questions about! Furthermore it has comedy wheels (which you are expected to pay extra for) - but no views of the proper wheels (which supposedly come as standard) or their tyres.

Even through the blurred telephone photos, you can tell it's a pretty tired looking car.

The spelling and grammar in the ad leave a lot to be desired, too.

I suppose, though, that it's unfair to single out this guy when there are hundreds of others up and down the country doing business like this every day.

To be fair, he's probably only been singled out because he is a regular seller of Lexus LS models, and as such has often been linked to by new members who want advice on one of his cars.

You're right though, there are loads like him who make low bids on lots of cars, knowing that some will accept his bid through ignorance, or sometimes because they can't be bothered to go through the normal selling process.

When he bids low like that he has already spoiled your auction. As for singling him out, this is a Lexus forum and he sells almost always Lexus LSs so anyone who comes across as dodgy as lexuschap is immediately going to be posted to warn your fellow members and friends. lexuschap has put himself into this position let no one run away with the idea that this guy is being persecuted. One day he will get his just deserts as all his type do. Mike.

• Like 1

The gold Ls400 that was on eBay for months. Lexuschap offered £500 when it was for sale at £995. That is 50% discount. Yet he puts on his ads "no silly offers". Does that mean people are offering £1000 when he advertising them at £3500.

Time will come for lexuschap. Nasty individual indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Hi all. I recently sold him my LS400 with him racing over from Dudley literally within minutes of my eBay listing. I made it clear to him there was some MOT advisories so what does he do when he relisted it within hours, He says there are no issues! He also has sold my car on with my personalised plate on which was not agreed but he gets all steamed up and starts getting silly. get a life man is his favourite line it appears. He then supposedly sold my car to another dealer but can't locate the address or telephone number so I can ask the new owner if I can have my private plate back which he thinks is very funny and wonders why I'm getting angry about "a silly little number plate" which was a present for me. I now have to go through DVLA to locate the new owner whereas a reasonable man would help especially if you're a dealer. He accuses me of seling hastily and I should have known what to do when selling a car with a private plate on, yet pro dealers do assist. Be warned.

It seems he always has good feedback, I dont know why that is because he is what I would call a crook. Petrol head 22 why don't you leave him some bad feedback regarding the issue, I would.

• Like 1

It seems he always has good feedback, I dont know why that is because he is what I would call a crook. Petrol head 22 why don't you leave him some bad feedback regarding the issue, I would.

He writes his own feedback using various of his other eBay IDs the man is an out and out crook. It is a shame that Lexus people are still being hurt by this menace. Mike

To be fair, you are meant to transfer the plate off first. You are now at the mercy of the good will of the new owner, who is under no obligation to let you have it back (neither was the guy who bought it from you, it automatically becomes his with no obligation).

No excuse for him to be that unhelpful though. No skin off his nose to let you know.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Why did you not apply to the DVLA to retain the plates before you put it up for sale? It always takes about 10/14 days to do the paper excersize and they would have sent you a number to replace your plate and you could have sold quite happily. Mike

He said he'd take care of the number plate, which my research beforehand had indicated dealers did as the norm. I'm going to write to the DVLA for the contact details of the new owner and appeal to his / her better nature. A number plate is only a plate but when it's a 50th birthday present it means a lot more, my other half is well upset at how this lexuschap or whatever he calls himself has basically sold it on unethically. He might get on this forum and deny all knowledge / pontificate / get self righteous but from reading other issues people have had I only wanted to warn others of him whilst he operates under this pseudonym.

He said he'd take care of the number plate, which my research beforehand had indicated dealers did as the norm. I'm going to write to the DVLA for the contact details of the new owner and appeal to his / her better nature. A number plate is only a plate but when it's a 50th birthday present it means a lot more, my other half is well upset at how this lexuschap or whatever he calls himself has basically sold it on unethically. He might get on this forum and deny all knowledge / pontificate / get self righteous but from reading other issues people have had I only wanted to warn others of him whilst he operates under this pseudonym.

Well in future you will know when he is lying you will see his lips moving. Mike.

• Like 1

I thought all his sales were done with classified ads, which I believe doesn't involve feedback?

Thats what I thought but you can accept "Best Offer price was accepted" and thats when you can leave feedback. Mike

• Like 1

He also bought the R reg LPG one I flagged up in Kinross then relisted it for 1395.00.

The guy who bought it off him is on the LS400 section on Facebook, apparently needs some front suspension work and the LPG sorting out but no doubt sold as faultless.

I thought all his sales were done with classified ads, which I believe doesn't involve feedback?

Thats what I thought but you can accept "Best Offer price was accepted" and thats when you can leave feedback. Mike

Ah, didn't know that.

He also bought the R reg LPG one I flagged up in Kinross then relisted it for 1395.00.

The guy who bought it off him is on the LS400 section on Facebook, apparently needs some front suspension work and the LPG sorting out but no doubt sold as faultless.

Hi Steve, I sent you a pm on 19th Feb, but it's still showing as unread on my pm page?

............... whatever the lexuschap has done with your car registration he has broken his verbal contract with you and in theory is liable at law to you ......... I would report him to Trading Standards as a starter.

Malc

Taken from the FB page

"My car only need an exhaust, new front pads and sensors, new wheel bearing, new cam cover gaskets and new lpg injectors. Total cost, £1500. More than the car is worth!"

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links