Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Bumper And Lights

NEILJ

Well there were no replies regarding front bumper removal but then I found quite a lot of info on the American sc430 forum which was very helpful. The bumper was removed as were the headlight units and the hid bulbs were changed. I then stripped the bumper and had it resprayed.

I must comment that how anyone changes the headlight bulbs without taking the headlight units out is beyond me as it was fiddly enough with the units on the bench.

I now need to investigate the wing mirror operation as the passenger side is intermittently not working and needs a shuv to extend.

Would be interested to know if anyone has had a similar experience and knows how to fix. So far the car has had a few niggles which is not what I expected given the trouble free RX that I have had for 18 months now. So I hope the mirror is an easy fix or I will be quickly loosing heart in this enterprise.

Regards

Neilj

Hi my mirror has the same issue but only after a lot of rain and then a frezzing night assume the rain turns to ice and causing the issue, but I'm changing the whole unit anyway so its not a broblem to me now.

You can change the bulbs with the units in place but you have to remove some other components under the bonnet,my mechanic did mine and said he has never had so miuch work to change a bulb .

• 3 weeks later...

Well there were no replies regarding front bumper removal but then I found quite a lot of info on the American sc430 forum which was very helpful. The bumper was removed as were the headlight units and the hid bulbs were changed. I then stripped the bumper and had it resprayed.

I must comment that how anyone changes the headlight bulbs without taking the headlight units out is beyond me as it was fiddly enough with the units on the bench.

I now need to investigate the wing mirror operation as the passenger side is intermittently not working and needs a shuv to extend.

Would be interested to know if anyone has had a similar experience and knows how to fix. So far the car has had a few niggles which is not what I expected given the trouble free RX that I have had for 18 months now. So I hope the mirror is an easy fix or I will be quickly loosing heart in this enterprise.

Regards

Neilj

I have a similar issue with the folding door mirrors. Seems to be intermittent though. I tried spraying WD40 behind the glass and it did seem to improve the frequency of it sticking. If one side doesn't move it seems to effect the other side. I think someone has forced one of the mirrors at some time. Only other issues I have had are a new O2 sensor and the inevitable Battery drain. Went on holiday and left the car at the airport for 11 days it started first time on return but the batter was very low and I topped it up before leaving for the airport on departure.. That's in two years of ownership.

• 2 years later...

I need to do what you did...except the respray hopefully!

Did you keep a record of what you had to do to remove the bumper cover?

I tried using information from the US but now I'm stuck with all visible bumper cover screws/clips removed and a bumper that won't come off!

Whatever you learned would be much appreciated as my car's 2005 too.

• 2 months later...

Likewise with the door mirrors on my SC430. My LS430 interestingly is not as bad, but the more I fold them in and out the better it gets. However, I just leave them out now to avoid a faff if one or other fails to return to its position.

Does you passenger mirror dip down when you select reverse.

Mine did, I assume it is a feature. However, not that I check it much, but wonder if there is a setting somewhere for this as now it doesn't do it?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links