Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Pics Of My Is200

HoodRich

Thanks Matt ;-)

This weekend, the wind deflectors come off and I'm treating the window-surrounds to a new , fresh coat of piano black paint........ Thereafter 35% tint ...... Will post pics when done.

Thanks for the positive comments guys - much appreciated ;-) The colour is not a stock colour. I re-sprayed the car in "Magic White Pearl" by Capci Paints. I wanted it a bit brighter/whiter than the stock Pearl White, and with also a bit more "flakes" in the paint. Also, you only see the "flakes" in the paint when its hit by direct light - otherwise, it just looks like "regular flat" white as seen in the first two pics. It was sprayed about 8 months ago, but I just did the first detail on it.

Matt - I also dislike those wind deflectors ......but must admit, they are really practical! I would have removed them a long time ago, but they are stuck on with really really strong 2-way tape, so I'm afraid that after 14 years of being stuck, that they will mess up the piano black finish underneath when removed. My spray-painter will remove them, sand down the area, and respray in Piano Black - will also spray Piano Black on the black areas of the side mirrors..... Hoping it looks good when done.

Thanks Ahmed. :-)

I dropped the car off at the body shop to remove the wind deflectors and to spray a new coat of piano black around the windows. Will get her back on Friday. It's strange not seeing my IS in the garage .... :-(

Big wheels look good as 18s do. But there's something about the OEM 5 spokes that set off the IS. Especially when they're fresh, clean and diamond cut.

Yeh I agree mate but if you put a genuine set of 18s on maybe customised in dark grey . Mmmm very nice on your car .

I always find it hard to decide myself. I have the OEM 5 spokes just refurbed ready to go on when the weather picks up. I also have the Aeros which I will refurb in shadow chrome. I'll get rid of the anthracite 11 spokes currently on there and maybe get a set of nice 19s just for summer showing off! Lol! I like wheels, like my mrs you probably think I'm a nutter!

To be honest, I don't have the money for a set of 18's at the moment, but I agree with RichOB. There is certainly something special about OEM 5 spoke rim. I had mine refurbished when I bought the car cos I liked them so much :-)

It's going to take a really special 18" wheel to get me to replace my OEM wheels.....

Looks really nice in white which is saying something for me as I'm not a fan of white cars, but yours is special, especially as my favourite colour for the IS is red. Getting your mirrors in piano black will make it look really awesome. Lexus should have done that as standard or as an option.

I agree that the 5 spoke OEM wheels are nice when new with the diamond cut finish. For your car if it was me, I would have black alloys with a polished finish like 17" Wolfrace Raptors or in 18" Wolfrace Blitz Black. Which would make it really standout more, than it does now.

Asharb - thanks for the kind words (especially since you don't like white cars!) and advice on a rim. I will google those and have a look. I would like to get 18's for the look as well as to raise the under-carriage a bit (hopefully). My car is not excessively low, but does scrape on certain driveways - it's a real terrible sound to hear!

Hopefully, I am getting my car back from the body shop tomorrow. I decided to only paint the black part of the mirrors piano black and keep the white bits of the mirror white. OEM+ :-) thank goodness those wind deflectors will be a distant memory....

Hoodrich, your car is exceptional and only a blind person would say it doesn't like nice in white. Oh no, I can feel your pain re the scrapes. How does it ride an handle compared to a normal IS. Please post pictures of your mirrors as I would really like to see those. I have to get some body work on my car unfortunately due to the storms which blew part of my loft roof off which landed on the car, scraping the bonnet, denting the driver side front wing and scratching the bumper. Can't claim on insurance as excess is £300 and paint work is £400. Not worth putting my premium up for that. After I've seen your mirrors I may get mine done.

Where are you based?

Hey Ashar - thanks again for the compliments....appreciated! Sorry to hear about the mishap with your car - that sucks. I hope you get it sorted out soon.

My car is fitted with KYB shocks (I was told these were OEM when I bought them) and H&R35mm springs. To be honest, its a bit of a stiff ride, but nothing unbearable. Its definitely not the same as stock, but I'm quite happy with the ride. I've been driving lowered cars all my life, so I'm used to driving carefully. I actually need to get a set of sports shocks to make it a bit comfortable - looking at Koni dampers, but just can't spare the cash right now. That being said, word on the street is that the Eibach Pro Kit springs are quite comfortable when using stock shocks. I can't confirm this for sure as I've never used them, but one thing I've noticed is that the Eibach springs dont drop the car as much as the H&R springs do. Good thing about Eibach, is that cost less than the H&R's as well. (at least where I live)

Unfortunately, my car was not ready for collection yesterday - I hope I'll be able to pick it up today (its been a whole week since I've driving her!). I'll send some pics of the mirrors when I get it back eventually.

To answer your question, I live in sunny South Africa.....it hasnt been so sunny for the past week though :-(

Hi Ashar - as requested, see below some pics of the piano black work I had done on my car. Picked it up yesterday.

I really need to get my windows tinted....

post-46625-0-27380600-1393520067_thumb.j

post-46625-0-21496800-1393520078_thumb.j

post-46625-0-91760300-1393520094_thumb.j

post-46625-0-25659400-1393520106_thumb.j

Edited by HoodRich
  • Like 1

Hi Hoodrich, mirrors look good. Definitely something I would like to get done now I've seen yours. Thanks for the advice on the prings, it might be something that I do. Never been to sure about it due to how it may affect the ride. I'm more into comfort which is why I like the IS. I always thought you would have to change both springs and shocks when lowering a car. If the Eibach springs can be used with the standard shocks that's a bonus. I have KYB shocks on the front of my car, rears are still new from factory. Tints and 18" alloys will set the car off really nicely.

If you really appreciate a smooth, comfortable ride, then dont lower the car at all. Its going to be a bit harder no matter which springs you buy. From what I have read, Eibach's are more comfortable than H&R (and cheaper too!) so that will probably be your best bet. You guys in the UK have many options since the IS200 was quite a popular car in your country - I'm sure there are many different makes of springs available to you ;-) Here in SA, the IS200 was never really popular - only a handfull of them were imported and sold, so accessories and parts are not in abundance :-(

I'll do the tints next weekend ....as for 18's, I have no idea when I will scrape up the money to buy those :-(

Finally got rid of the ugly black tailpiece my car came with. Replaced with a stainless steel exhaust tip. Nothing fancy, but ten minutes in the exhaust shop and had a much needed improvement.

post-46625-0-68851500-1393583971_thumb.j

post-46625-0-49398000-1393583974_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

Got my windows tinted this morning. :-)

My car is taking shape slowly ........have a boot spoiler on order from the US and a double din trim plate on order from the UK. Hope they both get here .......

Oh yes, I also ordered a front passenger window rubber from Lexus......I noticed mine was damaged when we removed the wind deflectors...no stock, so have to wait till it gets here from Japan. Supposed to take 3 weeks - we'll see.

post-46625-0-46448600-1394891603_thumb.j

post-46625-0-44811700-1394891613_thumb.j

post-46625-0-01088200-1394893348_thumb.j