Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Pics Of My Is200

HoodRich

Thanks bud. :)

The picture is deceiving though :( There's loads of work that needs to be done to it! for example, it's currently at the garage having the codes read so I can see why the engine light is on even after doing the basic checks. Ahh well! Hopefully it's nothing too drastic! :)

Cheers mate. :D I've got the inovit tuning dtm 19" alloys. Currently looking for a replacement centre cap as I lost one of mine.. no idea how though. :|

I'm not 100% sure if I'm honest mate. My brother gave me the car when he migrated. It is lowered, but I don't know by how much. Think it was in the low 30mm legnth springs. I'd have to double check.

In regards to the lights looking darker, I'm thinking it's just the lighting in the photo. To my knowledge they were never changed or modified in any way. :)

You got pics of your car? :)

Thanks Winegums :-) To answer your question Jay, it costed me R10000 to paint it, and R1000 to refurb the rims. That is considered cheap here in SA.

I have had a run of bad luck with my car recently :-(

- Replaced all 6 coil packs with OEM Denso parts (cost me a packet of money)

- Bought a new Battery

To add fuel to the fire, the Lexus service centre scratched up the paint on my roof, front left fender and corner of the front bumper :-( They asked me to bring the car in on Monday to "sort it out". Fortunately, its just the clear coat which is scratched, so a light sand and polish might fix things up. *fingers crossed*

I must say though, buying new coil packs has made a huge difference to the performance of my car. The take off is now awesome and it's very responsive when in 6th gear on the highway. I hope it also makes a difference in the fuel consumption as well - we'll see.

South African, eh? Where abouts?

R10,000 is around £900? That's so cheap man. I got quoted £1,800 to spray my Lexus gloss black, and it was only that cheap beacuase it's already that damn colour.

Yup...South African Rands. Yup, it was pretty cheap.. ( a shade under 700 Sterling) .that is about half the price one would pay for a "professional" job. The work is not perfect, but more than perfect for the price I paid. I'm pretty happy with it one year later.

My advice to you though would be not to do a complete respray unless you really have to. It's never as nice as a factory paint job.

Anyway, my spoiler is still with the spray painter...i decided to spray paint it piano black and not to colour code it. Curious to see what it will look like fitted. I just cannot seem to find the time to pop in to his place to fit it. Work really gets in the way of life sometimes ...

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my boot spoiler painted and fitted. It looks awesome! The pics dont do it justice. I'm so glad I decided to paint it glossy piano black and not to colour-code it......

post-46625-0-57825000-1400925670_thumb.j

post-46625-0-18618000-1400925677_thumb.j

Will take better pics later

Dude its totally up to you. It does somehow transform the look of the car but just not a look i take too :)

Your car looks stunning makes me want to own a IS again. Have you ever thought to swap your seats for full leather? That was top of my list when i had one

Btw you replied pretty quick im wondering if were on a similar time zone. Im in California now

• Like 1

Thanks Pete. That means a lot to me :-)

Yes, I'd love to change the seats to full leather seats (keeping the suede clean is a nightmare when one has kids).... I I am ever lucky to come across a set, I would definitely go for them.

I don't think I would change the tail lights on the IS. They were kind of legendary in their day and are synonymous with the first gen IS. Wouldn't mind smoking them a bit though.....but just a tiny, teeny, little bit :-)

Regarding the time zones....I'm on GMT+2..... Very far from Cali :-)

Badges are only glued on so a piece of twine ran behind the badges should see them come off and you can use a thinner or wd40 to get rid of the glue,hope this helps

• 6 months later...

Finally installed my old sound system in the car......

1 X 12" Pioneer Sub

SPL Dynamics Splits upfront

Sony Xplod 6X9's in the rear (I hate 6x9's, but they fitted without any modification)

200w x 2 amp for the sub

200w x 4 amp for the front and rear speakers

....sounds pretty decent ;-)

post-46625-0-43197700-1418495233_thumb.j

• 2 months later...