Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Pics Of My Is200

HoodRich

• 11 months later...

Dangrant -  thanks man.  Appreciate the comment. 

Glad to say I picked up my car and it's got a clean bill of health. The dealership recommended that I replace the radiator cap as it was losing a bit of pressure.  Other than that,  all is well with the car.  Very happy about that!  

She is approaching 100000kms... Just 200kms to go... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, HoodRich said:

:-) @ Pete.... hehe. Decided to bite the bullet and buy a IS250 to use as my daily driver.

That's awesome. When you said friend 8 was hoping that meant permanent friend :) I'm looking into a IS350 maybe or gs430. I just sold my gmc sierra which I kept for longer than planned. 

I like the new shape although it'll never have the classic look of the first gen its a great looking car and the pearl white is an amazing finish. (see alot of them here in usa)

Thanks Pete :-)

Good luck on your quest to get the perfect IS350/GS430. They are both awesome cars and I'm sure you will come across many good examples in the US.

You're right. There is something about the 1st Gen IS that makes it very special. The car is not nearly as refined or kitted as subsequent models, but for some reason it just appeals to me. I drove mine to work this morning after spending the weekend in the IS250, and driving the IS200 just seems to be a more fun experience. Maybe its the manual gearbox......maybe its the stiffer suspension....or maybe its just the huge sentimental value an IS200 has to me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2014 at 10:19 PM, Rich OB said:

I always find it hard to decide myself. I have the OEM 5 spokes just refurbed ready to go on when the weather picks up. I also have the Aeros which I will refurb in shadow chrome. I'll get rid of the anthracite 11 spokes currently on there and maybe get a set of nice 19s just for summer showing off! Lol! I like wheels, like my mrs you probably think I'm a nutter!

Rich OB.  Where did you get your wheels refurbed?  I'm in Essex and will be getting mine done soon.

Really smart looking car!!!  To be honest i have never seen a white one before (really sets it off)

I just wanted to ask a question about the exhaust you've put on!! Is it just the back box that you have changed or from the cat back??
Also is it possible to give me a link as to where to buy one from?? As all the ones i can find in stainless are all a bit boy racer for me!!

Thanks in advance

Dan

Hey Mini-Man......thanks - appreciate that.

I didnt change the exhaust system, just the tip (the tailpiece). I actually went to the exhaust shop to change the entire system and the guy recommended I leave the stock system in place (can't remember his reason). The changing of the tip was purely cosmetic as the original one wasn't looking good.

Sorry, I don't know where you could get one in Norfolk. I'm in South Africa. Perhaps the local members might be able to advise.

Hey Dan. Wish, I was down in cape town, but I am based in Johannesburg. It's not my hometown, but this is unfortunately where the work is at. :-(

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

Its been a while since I've been around - guess my job has been keeping me busy.

I took my IS200 for a service at the main dealer on Monday. Just did an engine and gearbox oil change, along with the oil filter. Happy to say my car has a clean bill of health. :yahoo:

• 1 month later...

@HoodRich Just started a build thread section on the forum for those of us with an interest in not only modifying but maintenance, cleaning and general enthusiast type stuff on our cars. I am hoping it will allow a few of us who's paths don't usually cross on the forum due to most of us sticking to the sections specific to our models. Would you be happy for the mods to move this thread to the new section? They will leave a copy of it here also for those who are currently following your progress to find the new location. Thanks