Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Replaced Lower Rear Control Arm Bushes Yet Same Creaking Noise

rd350ypvs

Hi, as topic title, loud slow creaking noises when turning slowly left or pulling up to stop. Mechanic had it on a lift and noticed that the Front lower control arm bushes where cracked and needed replaced. This has now been done but the same noise is still apparent but less noisy than before. Could it be another bush causing this??? The car has done 101,000 so may need all bushes replacing or bearings, just wanted to know which approach was the best

cheers

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

I also have this creaking. I have replaced the lower ball joints and lower arm rear bushes as you have, the creak is still there.

Can hear it pulling up to stop or manouvering or dry steering.

Help would be great all?

It could be a number of different things. I had the same problem and replaced the following (but these needed to be changed and were not changed due to the noise but identified as a result of it. If that makes sense?) Lower ball joints (these had play), track rod ends (the rubber had split), front drop links (rubber had split), anti roll bar bushes and lower control arms. My mechanic put grease in the lower control arm bushes I think to keep them supple and stop them from cracking. Creaking has stopped. The problem is you can't identify where the noise is coming from when it is up in the air on a ramp. It could be a number of things and a common problem with the IS.

I now just have clonking noise from the front driverside everytime I go over a bump. I'll change the upper bushes when I have the cash. But that may not fix it either. It was something that worked for another member. My mechanic said my car is sound, it was upto me how much money I wanted to spend on it and whether I can live with it.

• 7 months later...

You might have already fixed the problem but I took my car to lexus for a full health check due to the same noises you had. They did a thorough test and test drove it. They diagnosed my creaking as due to the split/crack of lower control arm bushes and a leaking shock absorber. All my bearings and ball joints were fine.

I took my car originally to Lexus and they gave me a list a long as my arm. I just basically took that to another mechanic and asked his advice. He said Lexus have a duty to point everything out that they see and it may not need replacing even though you now think it does. He prioritised the main items and I replace those, like the lower ball joints, which had play, the track rod ends where the rubber had split and the drop links where the rubber had also split. The front shock absorbers had already been replaced before I bought the car. But I'm not sure how good was they're work or if they checked the top mounts. But I will look into what you have had done when finances allow.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links