Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

'is' 200 30k Service

Scorpion

Took my car for its 1st M.O.T and a 30k service.

It passed the mot no problem,not that i was expecting any.

30k service:

Engine oil

Consumables

gskt,drain plug

Oil filter

Screenwash

Air filter

Lubricant

Fuel cleaner

Brake cleaner

Engine flush

M.O.T

Wash +valet(foc)

Obviously they did a tyre check,now considering i drive quite hard a lot of the time, the wear is as follows:

inner/middle/outer

Front left 5 6 6

Front right 6 6 6

Rear left 6 5 6

Rear right 6 5 6

Spare 7 7 7

Just thought i'd share this with you guys/gals

With GOLD discount this all came to £205.40.........bargain or what.

Top service from the guys at Lexus CROYDON....Cheers

Took my car for its 1st M.O.T and a 30k service.

It passed the mot no problem,not that i was expecting any.

30k service:

Engine oil

Consumables

gskt,drain plug

Oil filter

Screenwash

Air filter

Lubricant

Fuel cleaner

Brake cleaner

Engine flush

M.O.T

Wash +valet(foc)

Obviously they did a tyre check,now considering i drive quite hard a lot of the time, the wear is as follows:

inner/middle/outer

Front left 5 6 6

Front right 6 6 6

Rear left 6 5 6

Rear right 6 5 6

Spare 7 7 7

Just thought i'd share this with you guys/gals

With GOLD discount this all came to £205.40.........bargain or what.

Top service from the guys at Lexus CROYDON....Cheers

i cant see the bargain bit :P

Well the thing that i did was to get a quote first then when you have in writing then hit them with:

I am a member of the L.O.C so there is 15% discount to come off this.

If they knew before hand SOME dealers might add the discount,so you

end up paying the full price.

Well the thing that i did was to get a quote first then when you have in writing then hit them with:

I am a member of the L.O.C so there is 15% discount to come off this.

If they knew before hand SOME dealers might add the discount,so you

end up paying the full price.

good thinking batman :P

Sorry mate the deal is not so good, just looking at the sheet for my 30k service and it cost me £107 thats including a new air filter which needed replacing!

This is with Reading, and I got 15% off butonly off some of the parts!?? Is this right? Thought it was off total? (didn't get it off the engine oil or consumables!?)

Anyway, thats half your price! Reading ain't the cheapest either! As 30k is only an intermediate service it should be about £100 with the full (even nos) being about £220 or so.

Sorry.

thats right, try to cheer us up why don't you!

I shall do pads myself - save the labour charge, unless its not much more. Hopefully ball joints etc will be fine, can't see them going after 40k!

Well this is where i will be saving in the long run,Water pump,ball joints,whatever it dont matter to me as i will be doing that stuff myself where as you lot will be paying through the nose? so lets see whos bill is cheaper when these things go wrong!!!

I was happy to pay the bill of £205 it seamed a fair deal to me(and its 15% off the total)

Thought i had a good deal on my gs £190 for a small service until i checked the bill all they did was change the oil and filter a combined cost of £30 .the filter is only £7 from lexus .So i have paid £160 for a bit of labour and for someone to tell me my tyre wear measerments (how hard is that).oh and not to forget they had to fill up my screen wash . :tsktsk: rip off

My 30k service was about £90 - I guess your MOT would be about £30-£40.

If your tyres are original, then you have a startlingly low amount of wear - mine were all done-in at 35K.

Quote,Lexicon(If your tyres are original, then you have a startlingly low amount of wear - mine were all done-in at 35K.)

No not original,when i bought the car in April 02 it was part of the deal that all tyres were renewed(which they were)

i've actually done 12k on these tyres,but am still impressed with the wear rate :winky:

B) B)

Thought i had a good deal on my gs £190 for a small service until i checked the bill all they did was change the oil and filter a combined cost of £30 .the filter is only £7 from lexus .So i have paid £160 for a bit of labour and for someone to tell me my tyre wear measerments (how hard is that).oh and not to forget they had to fill up my screen wash . :tsktsk: rip off

do you think it makes much difference when you sell your car if it has a rip off lex history or a normal garage history,i dont

Did you know that E.U regulations state that ANY car's warranty offered by the manufacturer

is still in place even if you get it serviced by another garage,as long as that garage is V.A.T

registered!!!!.

Main dealer garages DONT want you to know this but there is nothing they can do about it.

B) B) B)

do you think it makes much difference when you sell your car if it has a rip off lex history or a normal garage history,i dont

Maybe not reduce the price but reduce the number of people willing to purchase it?

I would not have brought my car if it didn't have Lexus history.