Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav Not Working And Replacement Keys

andyb63

My sat Nav has never worked since i got the car 3 years ago, I seem to recall this may be somethng to do with an after market stereo fitting. Any simple fix for this?

Also my two keys have pretty much snapped now and are held together with tape. How easy is it to get replacements?

The key casing tends to break easily. They can be cut at a locksmiths for around £25, they might even have a laser reader to identify the keys unique number. The stem to the key will probably be a little bit longer that the OEM cut key, but you'll save in the long run. For the short term you can carefully undo the case and superglue where needed.

Good luck.

about the OEM sat nav. If you have a aftermarket head unit you need a special module to enable it to work and even then you lose voice command. Think you can buy the modules on eBay.

Not everyone will cut the blanks for the car..

I got a blank from eBay and took it to my local Timpsons which is inside a Tesco store, he said he couldn't guarantee the blade as they didn't supply it but he still cut it and he even opened it and changed over the transponder, easy to do unless the previous owner had filled it up with super glue as in my case ;)

It cost £7 to do this.. Bargain.

Not everyone will cut the blanks for the car..

I got a blank from EBay and took it to my local Timpsons which is inside a Tesco store, he said he couldn't guarantee the blade as they didn't supply it but he still cut it and he even opened it and changed over the transponder, easy to do unless the previous owner had filled it up with super glue as in my case ;)

It cost £7 to do this.. Bargain.

well they wouldnt cut mine

Hi im new to this just browsing came across regarding my satnav not working too it keeps saying please check dvd disc! Do i need to update it or what im confused? Also when i disconnect the Battery it works again but its very old n ugly satnav. HELP!!!!