Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi!

Skragmor

Hi everyone,

I do not own a Lexus yet, I have just gotten the money together to buy one so I'm on the lookout.

Finding it quite hard as I'm looking for a specific model/colour, but I'm gonna look until I find exactly what I'm after.

Looking for an IS200 Sport in black with black interior with less than 100,000 miles.

This isn't an ad, I'm just giving a bit of info about myself.

Only recently decided on the Lexus, I new I wanted a fun, reliable, good looking rear wheel driver car but I wasn't sure which one.

After spending some time looking around I decided to go with an IS200.

I used to own an Opel Manta, which is the car I want again but not without a garage as I'm sure you all know old cars rot but in the meantime

I fancy running around in an IS200.

Cheers,

Tel

Welcome to the club again( replied on your other thread).

Which model manta did you have? I had a couple in my younger days. 1st one was a red hatchback GT/J, the second was a white GT/E coupe, loved it but alas the red devil ate it LOL.

That's wicked mate! Shame about the rust. I have only owned one, a 1987 GT/E coupe but sadly it was hit and run while I left it parked in a car park which didn't have security cameras and I was forced to sell it.

My dad still owns a Manta, it's number 11 over the years, I got the craze from him!

Cheers for the welcome.

• 1 month later...

After 3 months of looking around I have finally found a Lexus.

Been driving it for a week now, lovely drive, very pleased with it.

62,500 on the clock and I am the second owner from new!

Here are a few pictures.

post-49560-0-30139200-1396191149_thumb.j

post-49560-0-47065300-1396191157_thumb.j

post-49560-0-94590100-1396191168_thumb.j

Thanks chaps, yeah I was amazed myself at how well he looked after it, he kept it garaged and only really used it at the weekend.

Only found a couple of chips on the bonnet and on the windscreen so nothing bad, he must have been following a lorry at some point or something of the sort.

I'm just glad I held out until I found the right one.

Shame I don't have a garage yet as I would like to try and look after it as well as the previous guy.

wow. also amazed at the condition. Where are all these immaculate IS200s! most i see on the road are never in very good shape, as if people have given up looking after them.

Any chance of a back seat pic? just curious to see how the leathers looking.

PeteyV8 I think there are a fair few dotting around. These are mainly one owner cars with low miles, but go for top money.

I paid over the odds for my 04 plate SE, with 55k on the clock. I paid £3300. I wouldn't say my car is imaculate but it's in very good condition for the year.

Yeah. I think ppl are tempted with the bargain IS200s that have seen better days but essentially are mechanically sound.

Either that or ppl have stopped spending money on them. For instance theres always one i see at my GP and i actually saw him scrape it. A year later scrape still there. tut

Yeah. I think ppl are tempted with the bargain IS200s that have seen better days but essentially are mechanically sound.

Either that or ppl have stopped spending money on them. For instance theres always one i see at my GP and i actually saw him scrape it. A year later scrape still there. tut

That's true! I think also that because the prices have fallen, the cars have fallen into the wrong hands, and those people skimp on maintenance. Its a shame really.

• 2 weeks later...

wow. also amazed at the condition. Where are all these immaculate IS200s! most i see on the road are never in very good shape, as if people have given up looking after them.

Any chance of a back seat pic? just curious to see how the leathers looking.

Here is a picture of the back seats, doesn't look like they got much use. I was amazed at the condition myself, was definitely worth waiting for and paying a little over my budget.

The only bad point I have noticed on the car is a small bit of oil on the underside of the gearbox, probably a seal or something but it's nothing I can't get sorted.

post-49560-0-74938100-1397653233_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links