Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Problem Boot

B1bster

Hi Gents, This is my first time on any forum but after the other day i just had to come on and have my say. I have a Gs450h which i must say is a very nice car indeed. After a lot of research I decided to swap my S type for one. On coming out of the house the other morning I noticed a flat rear Tyre. I promptly got to work to change it for the space saver in the boot. Soon the space saver was in place and nuts tightened. The problem I then had was putting the flat wheel in the boot to take it for repair. I cant believe that the flat wheel is unable to fit in the boot Evan after removing all the carpets and trays I still couldn't close the lid. I found my self putting a dirty wheel on the back seats of the car to get it to the repairers. I was obviously aware of the boot size after my research but not for one minute did i think I wouldn't be able to put a flat in the boot. Im only glad that the flat was at home and not on the M1 with a car full of people ?

Modern designs gone mad!

A lot of new cars don't even have a spare these days just a can of sealant,not much use if the tyre is ripped to shreds.

You would have thought Lexus would have at least supplied a bag to place the wheel in to prevent soiling of the seats but as you said if the car was loaded then what.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
On 01/03/2014 at 7:23 PM, steve2006 said:

Modern designs gone mad!

A lot of new cars don't even have a spare these days just a can of sealant,not much use if the tyre is ripped to shreds.

You would have thought Lexus would have at least supplied a bag to place the wheel in to prevent soiling of the seats but as you said if the car was loaded then what.

Urm they do supply a bag for dirty wheels........

Mine is in the boot cover, its a plastic sheet that just goes over the whole wheel.

Isn't this what breakdown cover is for? Used mine for puncture ages ago because I couldnt be bothered getting on my hands and knees in a suit and they were only 15 mins away :P