Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-...000mls/6575415

No they most definitely do not drive the same, the Ls is gentle progress,even at 100mph, the Jaguar is Lets Go, even at 50mph and maybe we can get around this bent at 60. lets give it a go. if you want to be noticed get the Jag, seems everyone from small boys to pensioners love the Jaguar and give you the thumbs up. as to the 5 cars yes that is still my intention, but I am getting sidetracked as due to reading this forum I wanted to experience what the fuss was about the Ls 400 so today I bought this

Thank you bilmac/William for your XJ-LS comparison. That urgency when driving the Jaguar surprises me. Makes me think of a sports car.

May I add my own thumbs-up to, what I consider, a handsome vehicle. That includes the inside/cabin.

As for your latest Lexus, well done, especially considering the low mileage.

Thank you bilmac/William for your XJ-LS comparison. That urgency when driving the Jaguar surprises me. Makes me think of a sports car.

May I add my own thumbs-up to, what I consider, a handsome vehicle. That includes the inside/cabin.

Have had the 400 since Wednesday driven more than 300 miles some city traffic but most national roads.

I can now understand why the people who have them swear by them.s Unlike my 430 which has Air, this one does not float, it drives more sporty, and feels more like the phaeton or Jag.

I did miss the keyless entry and start but thats about it, its hard to believe that this has touch screen sat nav 14 years ago

while the phaeton did not have it in 2006. mind you the cd disc is way out of date and keeps telling me I am off road

Interesting. Lexus must have considerably improved their LS' suspension/handling up until the year 2000! (my previous 1992 drove fine but I find my current 2005 model a little bit softer/forgiving)

As for some advanced features many years ago there are also some lesser, ie the cassette deck included until the year 2010!

Have had the 400 since Wednesday driven more than 300 miles some city traffic but most national roads.

I can now understand why the people who have them swear by them.s Unlike my 430 which has Air, this one does not float, it drives more sporty, and feels more like the phaeton or Jag.

I did miss the keyless entry and start but thats about it, its hard to believe that this has touch screen sat nav 14 years ago

while the phaeton did not have it in 2006. mind you the cd disc is way out of date and keeps telling me I am off

road Sorry I do not have more pics at the moment The ones I saved from the Ad do not seem to work now they come out all blurred maybe because DoneDeal have some objection to using them.

Some before and after on my 430

27654426_zps5dfd4908.jpeg20140322_113707_zpse399563b.jpg

20140322_215411_zps12933cc0.jpg

20140322_215349_zps5dc8db48.jpg

20140322_114031_zps7e955bbd.jpg

photo5_zpsd1b70acf.jpg

photo4_zps04f7807d.jpg

photo2_zps023493b9.jpg

photo3_zps61ab6888.jpg

photo1_zps311a3d77.jpg

• Like 1

while the phaeton did not have it in 2006. mind you the cd disc is way out of date and keeps telling me I am off road

bilmac normally its the other way round - the 400 is softer floatier ride than the 430 - you have the DHP pack on yours which means stiffer susupension , wider tyres and slightly lower ride height hence why you found the ride harsher than your 430

Never to old to learn new things, Thanks Mark, DHP you say, seller did say it was the sports model with 17'' Wheels. It does makes a noticeable difference.

Can someone tell me what is the latest CD based sat nav disc, and where can I get it?

I do have the DVD based latest one from my previous Gs but no good for this car.

Hi William,

How much did the wrap cost, can you polish it and could you post a picture of the engine bay.

She looks amazing. Mike

Mike there is a photo of the engine bay included on post no: 55 this thread.

Cost was 1400 euro so far I have seen nothing which would lead me to think it was not good value. bilmac

Hi William,

How much did the wrap cost, can you polish it and could you post a picture of the engine bay.

She looks amazing. Mike

Mike there is a photo of the engine bay included on post no: 55 this thread.

Cost was 1400 euro so far I have seen nothing which would lead me to think it was not good value. bilmac

Hi William

Cost seems very reasonable. I have seen that engine bay one but wanted to see one after the wrap.

Do you polishe the car the same way you would with a painted car? Mike

If you have been reading my posts, you will know my plan to have If even for a brief time the top 5 Luxury cars

I think they are Lexus LS, Jaguar XJ, Mercedes S class, BMW 7 Series and the VW Phaeton

I have gotten sidetracked a little and now find myself, with 2 Lexus, and 2 Jaguar XJ plus the Phaeton

I need to sell a Ls and a XJ to make way for the 7 Series and S class and to help finance them.

I will be offering the Ls 400 to the forum members here first. perhaps some mod could advise as to the best way to do that.

I do not want to break any rules

you need to be a gold member to advertise on this site

goto www.goldmembers.co.uk to sign up for that

I have signed up and when I try to access sell page I get (Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found. Perhaps searching will help.)

Mods please what am I doing wrong?

you need to be a gold member to advertise on this site

goto www.goldmembers.co.uk to sign up for that

I have signed up and when I try to access sell page I get (Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found. Perhaps searching will help.)

Mods please what am I doing wrong?

Hi William.

I think they do the switching you into the Gold Membership manually so you have to wait for someone to do this for you. If you haven't heard anything in 24 hrs send a PM to IHgs300 or steve2006

and ask them to speed it up. Mike

I forgot to include one of the sunroof

IMG_2376_zps7a97e461.jpg

As you can see I now have my gold star, so can offer this for sale without breaching the rules

As you can see. this is a lovely car I will leave it on offer here for a week or so.

If not sold I will put on Autotrader for 2695 and accept 2500.

Members here can have this perfect example low milage car for 2300 delivered to your door

any inspection welcome. bilmac

while the phaeton did not have it in 2006. mind you the cd disc is way out of date and keeps telling me I am off

road Sorry I do not have more pics at the moment The ones I saved from the Ad do not seem to work now they come out all blurred maybe because DoneDeal have some objection to using them.

Some before and after on my 430

27654426_zps5dfd4908.jpeg20140322_113707_zpse399563b.jpg

20140322_215411_zps12933cc0.jpg

20140322_215349_zps5dc8db48.jpg

20140322_114031_zps7e955bbd.jpg

photo5_zpsd1b70acf.jpg

photo4_zps04f7807d.jpg

photo2_zps023493b9.jpg

photo3_zps61ab6888.jpg

photo1_zps311a3d77.jpg

This one is harder to price make an offer, again any inspection welcome and delivered to you.

Phew, what an opportunity! I wish I could make you an offer...

...because I love the looks of your uniquely stunning LS430 ACC/PCS in blue wrap. Have you any pics of the grey interior? Surely a rather practical colour, as opposed to cream, which I find hard to keep looking clean.

Anyway, I happily bought mine almost a year ago for about £6K. It came with full service history, was in extremely clean condition and had a slightly higher mileage than yours. Also it needed: re-attaching of rain sensor, replacing of a broken parking sensor, and touching-up of stone chips on the bonnet. Oh, and the wheels showed the typical Lexus-corrosion.

Some other photos on my One must go thread.

It has been pointed out to me by private message that the interior looks cream in some photos. I assure all inside is a lovely shade of light grey, Photos on the other thread (One has to go) show this more clearly.

Also I am saying the milage is 112K I did think was but I will check after the weekend as I am driving the Jaguar at the moment and I keep the other cars at my sons home.

While he lives in the country and has two large barns he is not a farmer and has no livestock

In fact he teaches english and history in north west london at the moment

If I have made a mistake with the milage put it down as a senior moment

a couple of photos

IMG_2348_zps3649b9a2.jpg

IMG_2347_zps3f13210f.jpg

IMG_2350_zps287d7fe2.jpg

IMG_2351_zps4792dc6a.jpg

IMG_2352_zps6f0bd101.jpg

IMG_2353_zps116cdf29.jpg

IMG_2354_zpse2314bd6.jpg

IMG_2357_zps97a86082.jpg

IMG_2355_zpse42e1124.jpg