Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2006 Is Sat Nav And Surrounding Buttons Not Working

My Sat Nav unit was working fine last night. I went out with my car earlier today and noticed my phone didn't connect to the MultiMedia unit. I tried pushing the buttons around the screen and nothing, furthermore air con, rear demister switch all not working. The touch screen is not responsive and does not display anything even when the CD is playing. As I drove back home tonight i noticed the buttons around the nav screen that usually illuminate at night time did not today. Radio and CD working, problem seems to be isolated to the top part of the Multi Media unit, i.e. the screen and the buttons around the screen. Buttons on the steering wheel for the Bluetooth phone connection don't do anything either.

Any one experience the same problem before on their Lexus? Which fuses should I check? If its not the fuses what could be wrong?

I will be grateful for your opinions and advice.

Thank you!

Hi have had audio/sat nav unit lock out before try taking negative terminal off Battery for a few minutes and reconnect. Sometimes have had to disconnect audio unit its self though which means taking it out of dash!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thank you Dave! I disconnected the negative terminal and left it for a about a hour. I came back reconnected and low and behold it worked. I got into the engineering menu on the nav and found a fault code related to the audio. Cleared it and it appears to be working fine.