Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 What Milage ?

Hi!

Im still looking for my is200. have few ride with manual and its realy nice, so im still looking for but with manual as well. My question is, what milage is "safe" for is200 ? do i have to affraid milage around 120k ? there are not new cars, and its realy hard to find a car i descent condition with money witch i have and with low milage. Is gearbox make any difference in milage i have to look for ?

• Like 1

If its got service history then 120,000 miles is fine,mines done 140,000 and just passed another m.o.t.My car is a manual and get more mpg than an auto but both are fine.If you can ,get an is300 as its a better car with more power and top spec.

Yeah, as long as it has been serviced regularly and the cambelt done at 60,000 miles and 120,000 miles, you'll be fine,

I bought mine at 123,000 NO CAMBELT CHANGE!!!! but it was fine, I did the cambelt straight away and I've now got 145,000 miles and it runs sweet.

A 200 with 120k that's been looked after, serviced correctly and had belt changes at the correct intervals should be a good solid car.

A 200 with 120k that hasn't been looked after or a seen a service/belt change in a long time is prob gonna be trouble...

its realy hard to fid something in good condition. i view 3 at this moment, all them was rubbish. Is300 is to much for me at the moment. including insurance, but i love is200 sound and acceleration is good for me for now. only thing is i cant find nothing close to my town and since i have no car i just need to find something close ;/

I bought mine 18 months ago when it was on 125k miles... It had FSH and loads of receipts for any work done, all little things really but you could tell it had been looked after.

Had an MOT about 4 months ago and flew through it, only thing I've had to do in that time really is replace a bulb... (Touch wood) Champagne driving on Lemonade money if you get one that's been looked after ;-)

160,000 on mine with only part history. I did take a chance but followed my instinct as I fell in love with car straight away.

Serviced it myself,changed belts,discs . Only had to replace fuel pump and it's flew through 2 MOTS.

These truly are a great car.

• Like 1

Glad you found one mate. hope your enjoying it. since weve had some nice weather recently had the sun roof open window down put snow mode on and cruised about and listened to the engine. good times

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I just purchased mine last week with 181k on the clock ! I only had partial service history but i know the cam belt was changed at 176k . The engine sounds sweet and i'm hoping to clock well over 200k in the future .

This all sounds good to me. Mine clicked over 64k last months so clearly years of very enjoyable driving to come. Fab car, nothing comes close for the money for me. Hope you enjoy yours.