Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd mention I have just had a minor service on my car and my MPG has rocketed!

Before I was getting an average of 33 - 37 mpg to and from work (city and motorway). Since having the car back I am getting 42 - 46 mpg! I really think on a long run it will do 50 - 55 mpg!

The Toyota dealer that did the service mentioned that the air filter was completely clogged up, the car could barely breathe, which is probably why I had inconsistent idling too!

So, might be worth looking at your air boxes and just checking how clean they are, maybe it'll get you a few more mpg!

Cheers

I second the air filter checking/replacement.

When I got my IS250 I was a bit dissapointed with the consumption, checked filter and it was dirty.

Stuck a new one in and mpg improved immediately and since then have been getting 34.1 overall with mix of driving over the winter.

Happy with that!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to quickly add that I have had my is220d for 8 months now, the previous did every thing religiously from dealers (servicing, tyres etc) My bulb went so I had it done privately on taking the air filter out it was covered in leafs and all sorts of crap. also the workmanship is awful the clips were missing, it was messy considering its always been to the dealers.