Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all

Another question. I noticed the other day that when i activate the alarm the indicator lights don't flash. I know its activated as it gives a bleep and locked the doors etc. In addition to this when it was windy a couple of days ago the alarm woke up half the neighbourhood and when i looked out the window again no indicator flashes. Anyone know why they don't flash? Oh and i've checked the indicators and they work fine on normal operation.

Thanks

Azeem hi, all mine are the same no flashing lights when set with the remote just a couple of beeps . No lights flash when the alarm is activated either, in the owners handbook there is no mention of flashing lights just horn sounding and engine immobilized .

Azeem - on my Mk4(or previous Mk2), no flashing indicators when alarm goes off.

However I recall my Mk2 used to not flash when alarm set, where as the Mk4, does flash when alarm set and unset.

on my mark 3 they used to flash - it could be that the alarm was an aftermarket add on and perhaps was wired differently on different cars.

On my mark 4 they did not flash

On my ls430 - they do flash

On my LS600H - don't know as i haven't bought it yet LOL - only kidding - don't intend to buy one - considering the gs450H though if the ride isn't too harsh

A bit of useless information but maybe one day it will come in useful.

If you've ever wondered where the bleeper for the alarm is located on the 95-97 models it is mounted on the offside wing bracing bracket,only discovered it by accident yesterday whilst removing the wings on my scrapper.

On my Mk4 the lights flash (if you hit the button twice they flash for a longer period) but no bleeps ever. The car has been serviced by Lexus and they have never mentioned but then I didn't either - I didn't know it was supposed to make a noise and I prefer that it doesn't.

The lights flash on my Mark.IV also,when the alarm goes off,-as it did the other day,when parked on the drive of a Relatives house,the reason the alarm went off? I'd left my iPad on the central armrest,covered with a blanket,-I cannot leave anything metallic or magnetic in or near that armrest,it triggers the alarm,but only after 10-15 minutes of setting it-very odd.

according to handbook the flashing could be be disabled by the dealer,when purchased,ther is a button low down under dash,drivers side which activates the bleep i do believe

FWIW,

I used to have a 1994 LS 400. According to the dealer (Lexus Glasgow) the alarm on this model was a 'UK fit only'. Apparently the original Japanese alarm didn't conform with the Post Office Radio Transmission Laws. These alarms had a very recognisable key fob. It was rectangular, black, and had 2 buttons - one red and one black. There was a small leather strap on which was attached the ignition key and a small plug type key.

The control unit was under the bonnet on the bulkhead passenger side. On top of the unit was a small hole into which the small key fitted. The key would turn one quarter. This would 'de-sensitize' the alarm (I think it switched off the motion sensor, but don't take that as gospel).

If I remember correctly (it's been 15 months) this also affected the flash/bleep sequence. There were instructions for this in the Owners Manual.

I hope my memory isn't playing tricks with me.

Hi all thanks for the replied. I suppose its no big deal if they don't flash, i just thought it was unusual. I don't have the little key you mention Tulpen i just have 2 fobs with 3 buttons on the front and a panic button on the back.