Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Misfire Under Load On A Gs 300 1998

deepee

Hi all, got a problem with my 1998 gs 300, its developed a misfire, starts up fine ticks over nice, pull away or put your foot down and it misses, i bought a maxscan gs 500 but it won't connect to the car, i changed the plugs and 1 coil pack about 2000k ago. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

What model of plugs? Did the problem occur soon after changing the plugs or sometime afterwards?

The 1998 GS sold outside of the US doesn't seem to conform OBDII which is why your scanner doesn't work. Is the Check Engine Light on after the misfire?

Hi colin, cant remember what model, but it was misfiring in 2012 when i stripped it down changed the plugs and one coil pack, changed the leads, drove it for a couple of months then had to take it off the road for health reasons, it was laid up for twelve months, got it back on the road at the start of the year, its been running great till wednesday then started to play up. its done about 2500 miles since i changed them

• 3 months later...