Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx300 Space Saver Wheel ?

After spending some time googling, haven't found a definitive answer...

My RX300 is just being converted to LPG, so a space saver wheel came to my mind - otherwise, the full-size spare will take considerable space ;) Might be essential for the trip to Europe (or longer trips in general) but for local journeys, the space saver would fit the bill (ekhmm, the boot) nicely ...

Aye tyre repair foam is a must, if you're getting rid of the spare wheel, to put LPG on, either that or put runflats on next time you change tyres.

• Like 1

I might be old-school, but to me, a full size spare wheel is a must, on long journeys. On short ones, I'd rather quickly change the space saver (if there was one) and get the tyre repaired... Don't mind to get my gloves dirty ;)

If you read the stories how many of these miracle-foams didn't work when people needed it ... Or tyre being unrepairable after filled with foam ... Naaaah, thanks.

Trust me a blowout on an offside rear tyre, on the hard shoulder of a busy motorway, you won't be thinking of getting your jack out and changing the tyre, you'll be looking for the tyre repair foam, even more so if it's bucketing down with rain.

We can argue here for ages... I'd still rather change the tyre and finish my journey than be stuck 2, maybe 5, or maybe 50 miles later if that foam stuff fails...

Back to the question though.... Space saver tyre for rx300? ;)

If your only requirement is for a spacesaver wheel/tyre I am not aware one is available for the RX.......now whether there is a spacesaver supplied with another Lexus you had better ask the dealer, but at least that would be possible to fit (even probably taking into account the RX unique offset).

Just picked up the car from LPG conversion. THe spare wheel sits in the boot, and it takes ... almost all of it! :D Wrrr, need to find some suitable space saver! :D

I have a spare spacesaver wheel and tyre if you want it, came off a 1997 import Toyota Celsior (LS400).

Rim size is 17" with a 155/70D/17 Goodyear tyre on it.

PCD will be the same.

The tyre looks like it has never been used as the centre moulding line in unworn but due to its age has surface cracks in the sidewalls and tread so maybe would be an idea to replace it, it is still inflated however.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m128b1737s5426p112316/Continental_Tyres_Temp_Space_Saver_Continental_CST17_Continental_CST_17_-_155_70_R17_T_110M_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_XC_Wet_Grip%3A_XC_NoiseClass%3A_XC_Noise%3A_XC

PM me if it is any use to you, don't want anything for it but courier cost to your home or if you're not in a hurry may be able to get one of my guys to drop it off when working up your way.

post-12144-0-79679500-1395055452_thumb.j

This poses another question, the Celsior it is for has factory 16" wheels fitted but the space saver is 17" so maybe it is suitable for 18" wheels.

I have the same size in both my other Celsiors one which has again 16" factory rims and the other after market 17" rims.

Spare wheel in my Skoda Superb is 16'', and the wheels are 17'' - but I think the key is the circumference of the wheel - the difference between wheels in Skoda is next to nothing due to the different wall heights ...

Steve,

I will try to find out whether I could get slightly bigger tyre to fit, and make the circumference close to my wheels. If it works out, I would take it out of your hands ;)

R

Steve,

Apologies for the delay, few things crept up last week. Anyway, I have checked few websites and it looks like it's nearly 10% difference with this wheel and the other wheels, so it wouldn't be any use... need to look for other alternatives, but thank you very much for your kind offer!

Best Regards,

R

Well the 450h Premier I had last week had 19" wheels that I do know, not sure if the other 450h models use an 18" wheel which I presume is the size you need, either that or a very very low profile tyre on it

spacesaver450h.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hi

have had a gas con on my rx300 (all my cars have had this surgery) and also found that the boot was full of wheel when the car camr back

went to my local tyre/wheel co and they advised me that the wheel dimension(hub) was 5x114.3x17or18

visited a couple of breakers and picked up a brand new spacesaver for £20

i was told that normally they go in the crusher as no one wants them

dont know what it came off but i think it was an american product

plenty af web sites around advising what models that dimension fits

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links