Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Do I need to say anymore !!!

Again ............ same story, someone tries to get past me and tries his luck at blowing my windows in

There is just no need for it, I just put him back in his place and then resumed to more sensible driving !!!

Bloody Audi drivers hey

So there has been a Mercedes and an Audi ..................... all that is left from the c**k list is BMW

I'm so sure that it says in the owners handbook for Audi "Congratulations on buying this car, you may now drive like a prick"

Adam, I don't know what it is about the LS, but I get this treatment from other drivers all the time. I've 'seen off' a good number of 'clever dicks' who accelerate as you go to pass them. I've taken on and beaten a Jag XF, Audi 6, BMW something or other, a Merc, plus loads of lesser stuff (I haven't lost to anyone yet). I don't know what gets into peoples heads when they see a Lexus coming past them. I blame it all on Top Gear....

There is just no need for it whatsoever

Totally childish :whistling: !!!!!

Honestly though a LS400 has ONE engine and at standard it is 284bhp

If anyone has put another engine in it then it will clearly be faster.

It is not a Vauxhaul corsa with a v6 under the bonnet (a sleeper) it says EL-ES FOURHUNDRED on the back so I don't see why people would want to be embarrassed and get their own ***** handed to them (in young talk !!!) as it it blatantly obvious that this will happen

Try racing an Audi Rs4 or Rs6 or even an S4 or S6, then tell is what happens. The guy that was racing you was driving a standard Audi A6, so of course our ls400's would beat it

• Like 1

Obviously,the Top Gear mentality has firmly sunk into the psyches of these drivers,who haven't a scooby doo what kind of car their dealing with,when taking on an LS400- surely the chrome lettering on the boot lid gives them some idea,-apparrantly that's not the case.

I wasn't even in the mood for racing

But when someone is clearly trying their luck I just put them back in their place

Obviously I'm not stupid enough to go up against a Nissan GTR or an Audi RS6

Now that would be silly

I'm happy to drive an LS400 and I suppose I'm somewhere between an average and above average driver in respect of knowledge of car brands with previous ownership of, among others, : 2 Minis (original British ones), VW Polo, VW Passat, Ford Thunderbird, Ford Ltd, Caddilac Fleetwood Brougham ( the 8.2 litres one) and 928 GTS... My point being that inspire inspite of some experience with cars I had never heard of an LS400 until I accidentally stumbled upon one, got interested, did a lot of research and then bought one . I cannot therefore understand why you expect everyone to be familiar with the LS400 and its many qualities. I feel quite sure that to many people the LS400 is a completely unknown quantity - a real wolf in sheep's clothing. Happy motoring.

Messi, as there is no 'performance' version of the mk4, a comparison with those 'sporty' Audi's you mentioned is unfair. The LS obviously wouldn't accelerate as fast as them, but, wouldn't be far behind the Audis on the autobahn for top speed. I've seen one owner's photo of his LS on the autobahn with the speedo registering 172 mph @ 5800 rpm. If you think that's impressive, (and I do), just think what any lowered, twin turbo- charged LS would be capable of! I'm pretty sure it would see off many a 'sporty' Audi.

Try racing an Audi Rs4 or Rs6 or even an S4 or S6, then tell is what happens. The guy that was racing you was driving a standard Audi A6, so of course our ls400's would beat it

RS4 and RS6 will most certianly wont be a fair comparison against LS400 of course. have had a duel with an S4 convertible and surprisigly it couldnt pull away and disappear from my 300 where he had me was at very tight corners and this was due to his 'quattro' grip advantage and low end tourque acceleration out of the bends. i agree most see the LS400 infact most see the Lexus models in general as a boring car with no soul or guts but can really take on and surprise a few cars out there. the LS400/430 engines have been dyno'ed to produce around 280 to 300bhp stock with a 0-60 times ranging between the 6 to 7 secs mark and 155 mph top speed thats still impressive for a car weighing almost 1.9 tons. and a 2006 Audi S6 with similar weight of LS400 hits 60 in about 5 secs so still wont disapper in a straight line duel against an old LS400 in good mechanical shape in terms of engine health and gearbox all the way to 155mph.

Again ............ same story, someone tries to get past me and tries his luck at blowing my windows in

There is just no need for it, I just put him back in his place and then resumed to more sensible driving !!!

Bloody Audi drivers hey

So there has been a Mercedes and an Audi ..................... all that is left from the c**k list is BMW

I'm so sure that it says in the owners handbook for Audi "Congratulations on buying this car, you may now drive like a prick"

But when someone is clearly trying their luck I just put them back in their place

Now that would be silly

So, why do these cars, and drivers, need "putting in their place"? What's the (your) problem with someone overtaking you?

Bloody Audi drivers hey

Now that would be silly

So, why do these cars, and drivers, need "putting in their place"? What's the (your) problem with someone overtaking you?

When someone sits there at the light reving their car to the redline and looking at me I think they need putting in their place

Apart from that I am happy to tootle along in the inside lane at 65mph

The IS200 couldn't blow the dust off itself, but that's not the point! :D I just find it amusing, slagging off the "c*ck" brigade of BMW, Audi, Merc drivers, etc, then when one tries to overtake an LS, the LS driver feels the need (and responsibility?) to "put him in his place". It's very funny ;)

Matt-c, I have no problem with cars overtaking my mk4 LS, but the problem arises when I'M the one doing the overtaking. By that I mean quite often car drivers can't resist speeding up on my left as I'm passing them. I don't know why they do it. At that point I feel the urge to firmly press the 'loud' pedal and 'put them in their place' as you say. Had that problem with a Chrysler 300C just this morning. I easily left him in my rear view mirror.

Happens to all cars, not just LS'. I get the same when I'm trying to pass someone dawdling on the motorway in my van. Most of the time, it's because the person I'm trying to pass isn't paying attention, has eased off and upon realising they're being passed, realise that they could indeed go a bit quicker because the road is invariably clear in front of them. Very frustrating when in a van limited to 70mph, because soon as they speed up, I can't get past.

But I've never felt the need to put anyone "in their place", nor would I think it's my responsibility to do so. They wanna be in front? No problem - saves them tailgating me. Happy days!

We're not talking 'motorway poodlers' here, but people on a dual-carriageway on their way to/from work who can't stand being overtaken. When I'm not in a particular hurry I just let others pass me. Can't see why other people don't do the same.

These threads are on all car forums.

If you want to 'play' with other cars i say go ahead! No harm in a bit of mutual fun. Only gets silly when road rage or silly speeds are involved.

Stu

We're not talking 'motorway poodlers' here, but people on a dual-carriageway on their way to/from work who can't stand being overtaken. When I'm not in a particular hurry I just let others pass me. Can't see why other people don't do the same.

I see. Those same dual carriage ways that are essentially the same as motorways, just sans one lane, right? And when you say "can't stand being overtaken", do you mean you deliberately overtake them to "show them who's boss"?

If you want to 'play' with other cars i say go ahead! No harm in a bit of mutual fun. Only gets silly when road rage or silly speeds are involved.

Stu

Of course they are. I see them all the time, and I chuckle at them when I do. And I'm not saying anything against a bit of "play". What's making me chuckle is the "putting in their place" and "showing who's boss" thing being bandied about. It's almost as if these jokers think they're in charge or an authority on something? It's very amusing!

Oh, you're a police officer? Sorry, I didn't realise! Makes perfect sense now. Surely you should just pull them over and cite them for it though, rather than just speeding up?

When I said "put them in their place" I meant because he was acting like a door handle (a round one) and revving his car up at the lights

This is the only time I feel that someone needs to have their windows blown in by a canal barge.

I do not entertain street racing, just a quick blip and then carry on at the speed limit with the cruise control on.

Also undertaking is not illegal and such offence doesn't exist as the law is "keep left where possible"

IMO if you are undertaken then you were in the wrong as you were not "keeping left"

But that is just my opinion and I do not wish to open a can of worms by stating this.

Stu

yep.. agree Stu whats the point of not excercising our Sport Saloons every now and again if its safe to do so without hitting silly speeds. no one buys these 'Sporty cars' and drive like miss daisy in them all the time we have all tested the performance of our cars at some point against other brands and the BMers ,Audi, Merc , Impreza, Evo, drivers all do it these cars were designed to be driven in that manner ocassionally. heck i even get Merc Transit Van drivers wanting to have a bit of mutual fun so long as its safe to do so. but i can relate to what Adam is saying cus i do normlly do a 45 minute commute on the motorway everyday and i see it all.

no offense if you own one but most who drive premium brand cars built in Germany have the tendancy of not moving to the middle lane when a car travelling at a faster speed is approacing from behind. they sit there hoging the fast lane pretending they have not seen you then the moment you signal and switch lanes to 'undertake' since they not doing the right thing by giving way, they then decide to move towards the same lane you switch to, and they then decide to floor it afterwards. not sure why they do this.or is it a way of them saying thier car pulls faster than yours? luckily mine is a 3 litre 6 aswell so doesnt leave me hanging when i need some pulling power. its simple if i am not keeping up with traffic on the fast lane and an oncoming car is approaching from behind i always have two options. one is to move along to the slower lane and let them pass the other is to drop down a few ratios and keep up with traffic if i decide not to make way thus keeping up with traffic on the fast lane. dont know why they cant do the same but decide to hogg the lane, travel at a slower speed, then react the moment you signal to undertake. now this does not only apply to only German car drivers as i have expereinced the same from non german cars aswell but most i personally have experience is from them.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links