Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

When connecting my Iphone to my stereo (2006 Levinson Nav system) via Aux I get noticeable interference.

I've used a suppressed cable but still have the issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Chris

Thanks Both. I'll try your suggestions. However, if I can't charge at the same time that makes it pretty useless really. So I'd like to see if there is a way round that.

Thanks Both. I'll try your suggestions. However, if I can't charge at the same time that makes it pretty useless really. So I'd like to see if there is a way round that.

On my first two Lexus IS250's, I found it impossible to charge an Iphone and listen via the AUX socket such was the interference. I never found a way round this - my current IS250 has Bluetooth but it's not exactly enough reason to buy a new car.

There is a TSB for the issue.

Thanks.

But my car has been serviced at the supplying dealer since new, wouldn't any relevant TSB have been done?

Interesting... I plug my S4 in and play music through it whilst charging without any interference... However off the back of this thread I just plugged in the other half's Iphone 4s... Loads of interference! Ipod works fine mind you. Same aux cable just different phones and obviously power cables

In the TSB, a ground loop isolator is added into the cable between the aux socket and the stereo.

I had this issue and just added a ground loop isolator myself.

I used one like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/hq-CAR-NF01-Skytronic-Ground-Isolator/dp/B000NVWB9O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396174090&sr=8-1&keywords=ground+loop+isolator

This one should also work:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kensington-Noise-Reducing-CarAudio-iPhone/dp/B0037NYYFY/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1396174090&sr=8-5&keywords=ground+loop+isolator

• 2 years later...

Hi guys. I have the same problem with the aux - lots of static/white noise. If the volume is over 30 you can hear it clearly.

Does anyone have a copy of the TSB or the TSB reference? I will get Lexus to sort this. Thanks!

Edit//

The Lexus US forum is a lot more active and I found the following info:

" Looks like the old TSIB, AU001-07 has now been updated to include the 2009. The new number is L-SB-0169-09. "

Are these numbers the same in the UK?

I have also suffered from this problem.

My Ipod produces static interference as well as my phone, so I ask Lexus to look into it while it was in for a service.

The technician came out and listen to the fault, and he confirmed it was there.  However, when it came to collect the car, they said that it didn't do it with his device.

The car had to go in a second time, so I asked them to look into it again because I had tested it on my phone and it was still doing it.

This time the dealer sent me a video showing me that it didn't make the noise with the technicians phone.

Thankfully the static on mine isn't that bad and you can only hear it when the music isn't playing.

Oh, and apparently there is no UK TSB for this problem, and they will not consider the US one because they claim the cars are different.

Hey. So I told my local Lexus dealer about the problem and showed them the TSB - they said they would fix this under warranty for me. Let's see what they do. Otherwise I'll just purchase a grounding kit.

On 27/07/2016 at 1:03 AM, Shahpor said:

Please do let us know what happens.

If they do manage to get yours fixed, I will speak to my local dealer about it again.

Hey. I'll keep you posted. The car is booked in with the dealer for two weeks time.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links