Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Disappointing that you've banned him, I was looking forward to his explanation of how he could claim the cambelt had been changed when I could not. In case the new owner googles his car's plate, I'll put it here so a search engine can pick it up:

S327 SVR

Disappointing that you've banned him, I was looking forward to his explanation of how he could claim the cambelt had been changed when I could not. In case the new owner googles his car's plate, I'll put it here so a search engine can pick it up:

S327 SVR

I doubt very much he would have given any explanations :rolleyes: Though freely admitted to me in a pm that he wasn't the most should we say 'honest' trader & at the same trying to sell me a car :baaa:

As Ian says we will keep an eye out but if anyone does spot anyone suspicious please yell :D

• Like 1

Having just read the updates to this thread I thought I would offer my experience. I bought an ls400 from him to which he claimed the cam belt had been changed at 90k I was aware there was no paperwork to back that up. As a buyer it is my responsibility to check that. As there was no evidence to support it I knocked the price down. Lexus have since said there is no evidence on the car that the belt has been changed. He text me this morning asking what my issues were I told him and am satisfied by his responce. Being an engineer I identified on the test drive 90% of the issues and the rest I worked out on the the side of the road. The only thing that concerned me was the mileage. 117000. But the mot Certs show the mileage for the last 5 years and that backed up the photocopied service history. He was courteous pointed out faults (all beit ones i already knew) but I did feel a little uncomfortable about something but that was just me personally. I took a punt and bought it for 1250. In his text he offered me the money back in return for the car. I declined as I have put new disks and pads all round had the fob reprogrammed and it is going in for a new cam belt at lexus so will then know the car is good. I can only say in my experience I have few complaints and agree people should be honest but he is not alone and as a buyer we need to be on our guard and be as prepared as possible. I am not supporting nor slating him all I am doing is presenting facts which I think is more important and more useful to prospective buyers. I love my car despite its poor paint work and will buy another low mileage mint one when I can but only because I always intended to. Hope this helps

• Like 2

According to free car check, That reg belongs to a ford Galaxy

Free Car ID Check Results
We have further information on this vehicle.
Please select a check from the options below.

Not the vehicle you expected? Click here to try again VEHICLE REGISTRATION NO
W613MCD

MAKE
FORD
MODEL
GALAXY

COLOUR
BLACK

That advert says the car has electric folding mirrors. Really?!

Hot damn, have owned one of these for nearly 2 years now, i never knew they had this kind of mirror, i thought it had a little kid in either side door with a wrench to open and close them.

My view of the 430 has gone up, has it got a real electric sunroof too or is that a little kid up there like i thought. :devil:

Don't they pack adverts with rubbish that is not relevant, just to get you reading and trying to entice you in, i walk away when i read stuff like that, normally means they filling the sale with stuff you don't need to read about and not putting in what you do need to be reading.

Hot damn, have owned one of these for nearly 2 years now, i never knew they had this kind of mirror, i thought it had a little kid in either side door with a wrench to open and close them.

My view of the 430 has gone up, has it got a real electric sunroof too or is that a little kid up there like i thought. :devil:

Don't they pack adverts with rubbish that is not relevant, just to get you reading and trying to entice you in, i walk away when i read stuff like that, normally means they filling the sale with stuff you don't need to read about and not putting in what you do need to be reading.

I am the same as you. Just as a side issue what are the employment stakes like? Mike

I am the same as you. Just as a side issue what are the employment stakes like? Mike

Taking a month or so off to do the house bits that iv'e been meaning to do, nearly done now, garden sorted, decorating sorted, even built a small storage unit for the patio chairs n table, barbecue etc.

So at the moment i don't have time to do a full time job, now where did i put my pinny.........

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First post here - was looking at BMW7's then XJR, now Lexus 430. Found this:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-LS430-2003-52-JUST-1-OWNER-PREMIUM-PACK-FULL-MOT-FINE-DRIVE-1850/301184067285?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222003%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140122125356%26meid%3D7389232755062507575%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D20140122125356%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D301184067285&rt=nc

Another one of his cars. Car is cheap, claims to have had cambelt change when I asked .....

So he seems dodgy - car is cheap - worth a punt?

Its listed as a 1 owner car, thought Id pay £3 and check. It is actually.

That bronze car - the one with the S reg, the original ad shows 5, his ad shows 3. Surprised that this is a 1 owner car. He clearly doesnt' own the car and is a trader - last change of ownership was 2004.

Make & Model Lexus Ls430 Auto VIN Check You have not performed a VIN check yet. Engine Size 4293cc Engine Number 3UZ0137628 First Registered 25 Nov 2002 Year Manufactured 2002 Former Keepers 1 Last Keeper Change The last recorded change of keeper occurred on 23 Mar 2004 Body 4 Door Saloon Colour Silver Fuel Petrol

Yes he is a very dodgy trader, we don't trust him, so it's entirely up to you, the car has been on sale for some time and he has dropped the price on it, it was £2000

First post here - was looking at BMW7's then XJR, now Lexus 430. Found this:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-LS430-2003-52-JUST-1-OWNER-PREMIUM-PACK-FULL-MOT-FINE-DRIVE-1850/301184067285?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222003%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140122125356%26meid%3D7389232755062507575%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D20140122125356%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D301184067285&rt=nc

Another one of his cars. Car is cheap, claims to have had cambelt change when I asked .....

So he seems dodgy - car is cheap - worth a punt?

Me personally have had no issues with this trader, not purchased from him so i won't go down any nastiness towards him or his trades.

This car i would personally walk away for these reasons.

Cam belt change, where is the sticker that lexus place on the car when they do it.

He mentions Bluetooth prep, this car does not have that as standard, so where is it and what is it.

Looking into the engine bay, most of the bolts holding the plastic covers in place are missing, why? no need to take all the covers off unless issues have been found in the entire engine bay.

The trim around the gear selector is not the normal trim as far as i'm aware, think it should be the samm wood style as whats next to it.

Fornt offside light washer parts missing, these bits are not cheap, did check this as a few meets ago an ls430 same as mine had an issue with his washer coming off in operation.

The image looking across the dashboard from passenger side to driver side, you can see the rev counter, it has the master warning light on, red triangle, why ? It isn't on in the other instrument image.

Both headlights have heavy yellowing cloudiness at the top of them.

Can't be sure from the image but the rear number plate looks to have rust marks just above it on the boot lid, plus that nasty scratch on the boot.

As for the drive, who knows.

Thanks - I wouldnt have know about some of these issues (ie, bolts missing) as I dont know the cars - so will avoid.

Anyone selling something similar worth looking at?

Thanks - I wouldnt have know about some of these issues (ie, bolts missing) as I dont know the cars - so will avoid.

Anyone selling something similar worth looking at?

You can get some very good ls400 and ls430 on eBay, auto trader etc, just be patient and keep hunting, one will find you.

Took me a while before i found the ls430 i have now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links