Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Road Rage Rant

petayV8

This is the first near miss ive ever had period. so im a bit shuck up. Im a very careful driver and try to stay away from the idiots that would cause me danger or themselves, but today i realised its not always possible!

So i was driving along a A road going though a town and in front of me is a mini round a bout on the left. A car was approaching to go right (opposite way to me) so naturally i carried on driving. I did notice he wasnt slowing down but i thought oh he just hadnt seen me yet as i was still a good 10 metres away. but no, he carried on directly into my path. must of missed me by a inch. I had to swerve into the oncoming lane but luckily there wasnt any cars.

So he beeps, i wasnt actually going to because i just cant be arsed to cause conflict but i did end up after he did. Lets not forgot ppl, he was suppose to give way to me! give way to the right! but he was obviously oblivious to this vital rule of the road! because he turned around and tailed gaited me, flashing and indicating right to pull over! i carried on. i thought he can follow me all of 20 miles if he'd liked, but he did eventually turn back. I wasnt going to put myself in danger or give him the reaction he wanted.

I just dont understand how someone could possibly be so frustrated at something they blatentley were in the wrong for. alot of the time stuff happens on the road that is hard to pin point the blame on - fair enough. but not giving way to traffic to traffic coming right on a mini round a bout, how do these people even have licences. The only thing i was doiing wrong was going about 34/35 in a 30, so i hold my hand up for that but that has nothing to do with it.

how do we deal with these ppl!?

I'm like you Pete, this type of thing get's to me as well, stupid I know as s**t happens every day but regardless, it's good to blow of steam.

My personal theory is these people drive like this most the time, basically bullying their way through, the moment someone challenges their behavior they get aggressive. Sadly, some people simply can't bear to be challenged or shown the error of their ways.

Glad your ok fella, which is the main thing.

Yeah glad im ok too, although if there was a collision i prob would of been fine if he plowed into the side of me at about 10mph but obviously my Lexus wouldnt! side airbags ftw

Yeah its helped everyone responding. so thanks for that. feel better now. I am sensitive to stuff like this. I dont think it would of been as bad if he wasnt such a A hole about it. Just admit you efed up and get on with it. Not sure if he genuinely thought i was in the wrong or if what you said Barney just cant take the fact he messed up. He was mad at something though but cant think what or why! Although for some reason that round a bout does confuse people. It was maybe 2 months ago i saw a car smashed on its side there, same thing. Not sure why, i get how those 4 way mini round a bout can get a bit confusing but its just a standard junction with a mini. not rocket science

I guess ill be even more careful than i already am at avoiding these idiots. always keep my distance, drive slow and dont trust anyone on the road!

What should i do if he approaches me in the future? its only a small town of about 3000 which ill be living in starting from next week and not many IS200s about as we know

I'm like you Pete, this type of thing get's to me as well, stupid I know as s**t happens every day but regardless, it's good to blow of steam.

My personal theory is these people drive like this most the time, basically bullying their way through, the moment someone challenges their behavior they get aggressive. Sadly, some people simply can't bear to be challenged or shown the error of their ways.

Glad your ok fella, which is the main thing.

Thing is a didnt really challenge him. He beeped at me first, I was quite happy to get on with my drive but i then responded with was another beep.no hand gestures etc if he hadnt beeped i would of assumed he realised he messed up and i would of left it at that. just because its so obviously (to me) . weird. i think he genuinly thought i should of gave way to him. all i can say to that is. WTF

Just ignore him if he approaches you in the future. You have documented the incident to a degree here now.

My brothjer had someone do the same so he drove in to a police station and got out of the car to ask the guy to join him in the station. The guy drove off....

• Like 2

I should imagine that roundabouts,are one of the top accident hot spots in the UK these days,what happened to you Pete,is an everyday occurrence here in MK,people drive round here like maniacs,-driving through them as though they have a death wish,another growing driving-trait menace,are people driving around them at breakneck speed,meaning that any car that pulls out in front of them gets dogs abuse for daring to enter onto it,-I never take any other drivers intentions or actions for granted-in short,I never trust them.

• Like 1

I was talking to my friend whos a special constable and he said this is quite common. He said it even happened to him after he got cut up and he got followed all the way home, just because he beeped at him for doing so. But soon got back in his car when he showed his badge :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links