Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heated Seats Issue - Is200 - 2003

Hey,

I'll just start off saying I've never had or been in a car with heated seats but since acquiring the IS200 I find the heated seats to be a little finicky, although maybe this is how they work (Though I doubt it)

So if I start the car and push in the button to turn on the heated seat sometimes it will come on and I can noticeably feel the heat and other times it seems like its not heating at all. Then some way through a drive I will feel it get really warm to a level I would expect them to work at and it will stay this warm for a few minutes then seemingly switch off.

The passenger seat works in the same manner so I'm unsure if this is normal or a fault?

Appreciate any input on this,

Thanks.

Its normal. dont ask me why! but my friends discovery seats caught fire so maybe it prevents that? lol

Also been told its linked to the climate control or outside temp not sure if thats true

Yeah it's normal, that's how they've worked in both my IS's.

I find they feel better (warmer) on the full leather of my 300 than they did on my half leather seats in the 200.

Think they turn themselves off when they reach a certain heat and won't come back on again for a while after that. I read that they work on a timer relay but I can't confirm that

thats normal. mines are the same. they have thermostat in them and when they reach temperature they switch off and wont turn on untill temperature goes down to a certain level.

I would like them to stay hotter for longer time :(

I believe a sunroof is also quite rare on US-spec cars. Plus they didn't have the folding mirrors, either.

Noticed they dont have headlight washers either lol. but seen a verson similar to the LE called the sport or similar that had the full monty

Haha that sucks. Should of called it Toyota IS300. Poor yanks lol. Japs must not like em lol. Mine would have to be fully loaded like my 200 now, be cruel otherwise

They got a manual IS300 tho mate.... I'd swap my heated leather seats for cloth seats and a manual any day.... :)

oh yeah. Good point

Here in SA we didn't get headlight washers either....and sunroofs are a rare sight. No cloth seats in SA though....but no manual is300 either :-(

Should be the other way round with the sunroof. what is sun?! lol