Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Had My Wheels Refurbished

wayfar

Very nice. I need a bit of that. Can I be so rude as to ask how much it set you back?

They're a bit more 'gun-metal' than stock, and that suits the colour of the car to a tee. Mine is metallic blue though so I think I'd need to stick to the bright silver.

wow amazing finish. almost shadow chrome effect. yeah get some tyre gel and paint the calipers with decals and it will look amazing. not sure what colour ide paint them on your car though? mine is plat ice and did black with silver decals. let us know what you come up with.

DSC00694_zpse8a9c47d.jpg

DSC00697_zpsa49e84e9.jpg

Look smart. I'm a big fan of the OEM 5 spokes. I recently had mine refurbished back to the original diamond cut face.

Give them a few layers of wheel wax/sealant including the inner rim. It's brilliant stuff, doesn't stop brake dust but you'll be amazed how easily it lifts off when cleaning.

Just out of interest what are those metal plates in the 2rd picture on the front alloy wheel at the back? one of mine has them

Metal plates????

Just out of interest what are those metal plates in the 2rd picture on the front alloy wheel at the back? one of mine has them

Those are weights ......used to correct any balancing issues on a wheel.

Thanks for the post. I'm thinking of getting mine painted darker when I get them refurbished so it was useful to see what they look like. Did you remove the logos from the centre caps by melting the blob of plastic at the back with a soldering iron?

Thanks for the post. I'm thinking of getting mine painted darker when I get them refurbished so it was useful to see what they look like. Did you remove the logos from the centre caps by melting the blob of plastic at the back with a soldering iron?

I used a flat ended screwdriver and scraped the blobs off, worked a treat :-)

• 5 weeks later...

I used some "Kurust" on my rear discs as the parking brake drum section gets rusted and looks a mess, this stuff turns the rust into a black colour which looks a lot better than rust colour.

I used some "Kurust" on my rear discs as the parking brake drum section

I've never heard of that stuff. I masked my hubs and rusty sections and sprayed them matt black. Very time consuming but worth the effort.