Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying An Electric Polisher

I have clayed a few times and the surface is so smooth afterwards its worthwhile doing and makes polishing a lot easier. Claying does need care and can inflict micro marring itself which is easily sorted with mild abrasive polish or AIO such as Autoglym SRP. Before doing that wipe the car with tar remover once washed and dried and remove the tar then get some IRON X or similar iron decon stuff which will really impress on an car thats a few years old also use it on your alloys. Pressure wash that off and the surface will be a lot smoother already. For clay I recommend Bilt Hamber Autoclay SOFT and just use it with loads of warm water in a spray bottle as the most cost effective option using no pressure just glide it over the paintwork. Wash and dry the car again and go on a scratch spotting mission and use something like Meguilar Scratch X on them several times until no further reduction can be seen then get on with the polishing stage.

Sounds like a lot of hassle but you would only do the full process once or twice a year.

Another option may be not to buy a polisher and all the pads and compounds, and actually try and go and see a quality detailing company and let them show you what they do. It may be easier to pay them to do it and you just top up with lsp and a wash every few months. To be honest, the prep is the hardest and most important thing,

Hi Carl, I've found a chap here in Exmouth who does some quality work and so I'm going to see him in the next day or so. I'll do this before I decide to buy a polisher.

Even if I decide not to buy a polisher, I'm still going to kit myself out with some decent products, Paul has made some good recommendations for me and so I am currently having a look to see the best place to buy from.

I'll keep the forum informed as to what comes of my visit to the chap here in Exmouth.

It may be worth looking on the sales section on detailing world, you can get some good gear that may have only been used a couple of times. I got my first da from there before I got my rotary.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links