Chris CPT

Shockingly Bad Car Dealer Attitude. I Mean Really Bad.

CAB will probably advise you to take action via small claims court. Very worthwhile to do this but the only issue is that you appear not to have written to the dealer giving him x number of days to rectify the problems or take the car back as "not fit for purpose" or not of merchantable quality.. You may have shot yourself in the foot by initiating your own repairs but still worth a punt.

Nothing to lose by seeing what CAB say or indeed by sending a letter by recorded delivery. I hope that whatever you decide on goes well.

Yes, I did that already but he ignored it.

Which means that if you did start proceedings then you have the proof that you gave him the opportunity to rectify things or take the car back.......assuming it was sent recorded or registered post not just by email (which gives no proof he got it himself).

Was there a 'happy' conclusion to your issue, John? 

I finished up with a good car but only because I could fix it myself.

I replaced the disc, pads and calipers. It's been service by Lexus a couple of times and received a clean bill of health. I also had a fresh set of wheels and tyres, so all in it cost about £1500 to put it right and now I'm very pleased with it.

28767073142_d329086a72_k.jpgIMG_2010 by John Pate, on Flickr

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing your story John. 

The GS 450h now looks a real treat and we now know which Trader to avoid in future.

I hope that all goes well for you and that you have many happy hours enjoying your Rocket Ship.

A LEXUS Warranty might be a sound investment ?

Regards

John

• Like 1

BTW I got a pair of calipers from Lexus Bolton for £75 each. There's a thread about it somewhere. :)