Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Power To Aerial From Bypass Loom

Mostly fitted my Lexus amp by-pass loom, one thing still a bit of a problem.

Regarding the blue wire with the white plastic end, just trying to make sure I connect this right. Here's a picture

The white plug with the foam surround emerges from the same tape wrapping as the aerial. The other black lead with the silver bar was fitted into it. It looks like the black and silver has the same metal connection as the blue one, albeit in a different plastic wrapper. I have tried connecting the blue straight to the black-with-foam socket but it is a loose fit, doesn't stay connected and even when it is connected doesn't seem to make much difference. I am guessing that I need to take off the plastic ends and swap them over in order to get a snug connection. However before I risk snapping anything I'd like to be sure I'm headed in the right direction - is this so?

I can't see anywhere else I'd connect the blue, and since it is an aerial related lead this seems to be the way to go. Can anyone who has done this bypass confirm?

Thanks for that. I was hoping to demonstrate that the radio was working as well as I would like before cutting anything, but it is what it is, so I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet (connector) :)

I don't know why it's not plug and play though, it ought to be...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links