Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The strangest thing happened yesterday when i came out of the store:
An older lady stupped me in the parking lot as i was about to drive of and jokingly asked if i wanted to trade cars with her, "silver for silver, theyre pretty much the same haha"(she had some generic opel-soccer mom-thing).
I chuckled and said no thanks, i like this one. To which she replied: I bet, its a wonderful car!

I drove away stunned since only people of fine taste (or just anyone who has ridden in one) usually knows what marvel passes them by, to anyone else its just another old merc with an L on it..

My self i see both the beauty and the tad ugly more or less from day to day! :P

,,,,,,, the Ls400 is beautiful to drive and park too ............. was parking for a meeting Wednesday evening in local town at 7pm. A tiny space on the roadside between two other cars parallel to the kerb ( and outside the police station too ) popped the car in there ok, got out and was walking to my venue when a lady said how amazed she was that I could park in that space .......... I told her the 6/8 inches either end was ample for me to negotiate especially as I had been parking these cars for 14 years............ when I left my meeting at 8.15 all the other cars had vamoosed.

( when parking like that I do ensure that other drivers have a good enough space to move away from me to negotiate leaving their spaces, just in case my car gets a hit.)

Malc

Wasn't the LS designed in California by Americans (overseen by Toyota), specifically for the American market. Which if we look at American cars of the time looked pretty much that way anyhow and continued the three box design until recently.

I had the pleasure of taking four rather large American oil rig workers somewhere a few years back (2008?) they looked at my 98 Peugeot 406 and one comment was "braaaand new" southern Afro American accent.

I guess the reason modern cars are struggling with drag problems is that they all have to conform to pedestrian safety regulations which leaves them pretty slab fronted and all looking the same shape if you squint.

Modern stuff is just so ...................white goods these days,and they say ls400 is soulless ?

I take and collect my wife from work most days,and most think it needs a chauffeur.

The lads at the car wash think im a gangster

Apprentice i give a lift to calls it his jap muscle car

Chap at work asked if i could do him a deal on some sand dunes

Wife loves the ride but is our barge

And i love it cause it owns me penny's and never lets me down

Many a jest about the old girl at work B) .................would that happen with ya eco shoe box ??

Ugly......maybe but what a presence,its definitely growing on me :D

The MkIV is (IMHO) a lovely looking car. Very understated but with real presence. It is not the exterior that is the best thing about RIO but the drive. Power, comfort, smoothness, refinement, luxury, opulence, warmth, softness .............. sorry have to go....... I am getting an erection!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links