Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying A Cat C Car Privately Without Logbook

mista_khan

Hi

ive seen a cat c damaged car privately for sale, due to it being cat c I will need to do a vic check and then apply for logbook, the seller will write me a full receipt with name , address car details etc,

ive never done this before so was just wondering until I do the hpi check against the reg and vin numbers, is it safe to pay him until he gives me a receipt , and will that receipt the seller writes for me and a V62 form be enough to apply for a new logbook in my name after the vic has passed.

sorry never done this before so find it weird that's all.

cheers

Don't matter what cat it's should have logbook and what was the damage me I rather not buy damaged cars but every1 is different do hpi first then pay him r u 100% sure it's cat c log book will show what cat it is

yes ofcourse I do full hpi and match it against the vin , and yes it shows cat c on hpi, most of the time cat c don't come with logbooks as you need to apply for new logbook after vic test, was just making sure when I apply for a logbook could the previous owner deny that he sold it and report it stolen or something?

• 3 years later...