Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2006 Gs450H Shocks

SimonG

Hi Guys

Took my GS450h in for a 107k service yesterday and ended up with a load of advisory's.

According to the dealer three out of four of my shocks are leaking fluid, essentially meaning that they all need replacing. They also say that my front & rear bushes are split, so all in all a potential bill close to £2k :msn-cry:

Does anyone know a good UK source for compatible shocks for a GS450h as I'm having trouble finding an on-line price.

I also have a split oil pressure return pipe that they "think" may be causing the intermittent metallic rattle on a cold start and the constant engine tap that I experience until the engine reaches normal operating temp - Has anyone had this replaced on their cars?

Many thanks

:)

Why don't you get a second opinion from another garage? When I had my GS300, I was advised to carry out repair but in the end , there was nothing wrong

• Like 1

I think that's a really good price for electric dampers and fitted, Mercedes air shocks are way more expensive just to buy,

if you choose to run a complex car you must expect higher repair bills when parts wear out or maybe have a cheap car like a Ford Ka which is almost nothing to repair?

• 1 month later...

Why don't you get a second opinion from another garage? When I had my GS300, I was advised to carry out repair but in the end , there was nothing wrong

I took your advice on this and the car just passed its MOT with an advisory for two shocks showing only light misting.

I'll probably need to get them replace before the next MOT so if anyone does manage to find an alternative soirce I'd be interested to know.

Tonyricha - of course I know that owning a premium brand car means higher bills, but it doesn't mean I shouldn't try and source the parts elsewhere for a lower price as we all know that dealers are not always the best option.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I also too my 450h for its first service since I got it two months ago. Advisory on the front shocks 1072, water pump soon, six bills and rear brakes with calipers another 6. Premium car yes, lack of canny? NO!

Inglo Lexus (Mark)...if you bought from a dealer then ask him to fix problems that were in existence when you purchased the car, as such problems are his responsibility under the Sale of Goods Act.

Regards

John

Mark, if he was a dealer then he is still responsible notwithstanding his statement that it was sold as seen..

If however you do not wish to pursue that line then do enjoy your car when fixed as it is sublime motoring and will give you endless joy whenever you look at/ drive it. It is simply " one of the best seats in the house".

Regards

John

• Like 1