Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Isf On Ebay Cat D Looks Dodgy

I actually hope 7k will see it right and nthats market value then but as soon as you touch a car like this its £££££££££££

Also, if a car has been in a prang it is NEVER as good as when it was new, wind noise, creaks, knocks etc.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-IS-F-5-0-V8-32v-FSH-73k-2-x-Keys-Rare-model-Yamaha-Engine-/291129501462?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item43c8aba716

Guys I can tell you it was mine. Written off last August/sept. The reg its on now was what it was on when I purchased it.

The repairers told me it needed a shell really, but they couldn't buy one. they priced up all the panels and the bill was going to be more than that clown has it up for.

It had heavy off side rear impact with a tree.

It was a well looked after, but well used car, track days, daily driver 20k miles year in my ownership (18months). Did a 3K trip around europe two weeks before it met its end.

I have photos of the damage if any one is interested.

Miss it terribly...particularly when its replacement a 135i Coupe has broken down on me today, bloody thing. :-( Having said that, i wouldn't want that back for £10K never mind 14K, unless its had a shell...which it clearly hasn't.

• Like 1

@Stuno1

Maybe...it was a lovely car, I did love it. But thought the 135i would give me 95% of the smiles for less running costs, and was much newer for the budget I had.

Must be a shock for you MrW. :(

Hopefully any sensible potential buyer will do some digging before they place a bid or buy it.

My first port of call would be to check with the relevant Owners Club forum to see if anyone knew anything about the car.

If they find this thread, maybe they won't bother, or will at least know what they are getting involved in.

Sad to see people trying to get away with things like this. Hopefully common sense will prevent anyone falling into what I believe is a scam of epic proportions!

It was a shock, I immediately came on here... as I knew someone would be asking questions of it. Just brings all the sad feelings I had when the accident happened. :(

It was a shock, I immediately came on here... as I knew someone would be asking questions of it. Just brings all the sad feelings I had when the accident happened. :(

Sorry to hear of your accident mate I feel sorry for you , hope you were ok.

Yup just me in the car, I'd dropped my wife and our 5 year old daughter off just minutes before.....The "What Ifs" haunted me for a few weeks after.

• 1 year later...

Don't think its the same as the CAT D. It's too expensive for a private sale. And sounds like the owner knows nothing about them as they go on about 'extras' and they are standard! Worrying that they are selling right away. Aftermarket exhaust as well.

Don't think its the same as the CAT D. It's too expensive for a private sale. And sounds like the owner knows nothing about them as they go on about 'extras' and they are standard! Worrying that they are selling right away. Aftermarket exhaust as well.

It's the same Cat D car - same registration, just looks like it has different exhaust tips. Not really cricket though by not telling potential buyers it's been up a tree in the past! at £15k it's way overpriced for a car that was deemed to have a bent chassis!

I think that's awful they're trying to pull a fast one, hoping to get lucky with an eBay purchaser! I'm planning to upgrade my is250 this, or next year to an ISF, scanning autotrader, eBay and Lexus sites religiously! It seems the good ones sell very quickly like the one at Lexus Bristol, I enquiried within 24 hours and it was gone! Most at the moment seem to be hanging around, would be great to see some new arrivals!

I think that's awful they're trying to pull a fast one, hoping to get lucky with an ebay purchaser! I'm planning to upgrade my is250 this, or next year to an ISF, scanning autotrader, ebay and Lexus sites religiously! It seems the good ones sell very quickly like the one at Lexus Bristol, I enquiried within 24 hours and it was gone! Most at the moment seem to be hanging around, would be great to see some new arrivals!

Indeed. Good examples will always sell well if priced correctly for the market. Hoping mine will shift fairly quickly when the time comes early next year. Time will tell.

It's the same Cat D car - same registration, just looks like it has different exhaust tips. Not really cricket though by not telling potential buyers it's been up a tree in the past! at £15k it's way overpriced for a car that was deemed to have a bent chassis!
They've been busy in it too. Done another 13000 miles.