Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello guys, need a quick help from the experts and seniors

i reckon the service interval of IS250 is 10k kms or 1 year whichever is earlier(please correct me if wrong)

based on above assumption, i was looking at an example on autotrader and the services mentioned by the owner didnot look alright. Current milege was probably 43k.

10079 miles 24/04/2008,

17927 miles 16/04/2009,

24019 miles 01/03/2011,

40157 miles 15/10/2013

So does the above look alright to you, Can the difference between services be 2 years or 15k kms ?

thanks

2009 to 2011 and 2011 to 2013 looks strange - if they are dealer stamps then you can call them to confirm. Services don't take place exactly on the given "every 10k" so 2-3k either way should be acceptable.

But it does look odd. If you are thinking of buying it then you could call the previous owner. There is probably a good explanation.

thanks guys, i have a couple more questions

1. whats the pro/cons of having an auto is250 vs manual is250 apart from difference in road tax?

is there any known maintenance problems etc.

i was looking at a 07 manual and 07 auto, both at same price almost and same mileage.

struggling to desice between them.

2. did a 06/07 SE and SE-L came without parking sensors ? i guess the ones having satnav defo has parking sensors/camera.

thanks

thanks guys, i have a couple more questions

1. whats the pro/cons of having an auto is250 vs manual is250 apart from difference in road tax?

is there any known maintenance problems etc.

i was looking at a 07 manual and 07 auto, both at same price almost and same mileage.

struggling to desice between them.

2. did a 06/07 SE and SE-L came without parking sensors ? i guess the ones having satnav defo has parking sensors/camera.

thanks

Most people say the auto suits the engine better, plus it's cheaper on tax and fuel

guys 1 quick query.

the lexus dealer is offering lexus warranty and the dealer warranty with the pre used car i was considering.

so which warranty is better ?

shall i take lexus warranty or the dealer warranty? and what are the differences ?

thanks

*Rubs chins* Going to look at a nice black 250 SE with Nav later today. 08 plate Auto with 43k - dealer wants a little bit too much money for it IMHO (£9500) but we'll see how keen he is to sell it when I get there eh?

What lunatic in their right mind would buy a V6 petrol engine these days ...

Lol thats sounds so ...funny!!

I've bought an is220d@7k £ last year an 08' with 80k miles and its a SE with nearly 3k upgrades on it wich includes folding/heated mirrors, sat nav, reverse cam, leather seats cooled/heated and was my 1st diesel ever but as much as I love petrol engine I wouldn't afford the 250 model! If you do mostly motorway mileage and you look at your mpg once in a while then 220D its the only option. If you dont care about mpg you can't get any better then is250 :-d ... but thats just my opinion .

thanks guys for answering my queries.

bought a preowned 07 IS250 Auto SE-MM yesterday and it surely is a bit thirsty but good fun to drive.

dont drive that much, so its fine.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links