Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

This was a 57 plate 120 series (can't be more specific - don't know - or want to know - much about them to be honest).

What a piece of junk!!!!

The seats were flat like boards and rock hard. The ride was as harsh as a 1970 Mini. The interior creaked and rattled. You could feel the engine vibrating at the traffic lights. Plus, the road noise was quite considerable too. And all in a world of grey plastic.

OK, I know this would be more in the IS200 than LS400 class, but if this is what represents a luxury marque these days then I'm speechless.

My 20 year old LS would absolutely p*** on this in every respect (except MPG of course).

Whilst the LS is comfortable, the traditional (but now rare) American car takes comfort up to the next level. The poor Yanks must hardly know what's hit them with these nasty European imports!

Preaching to the converted on here, it goes without saying...

I remember driving a ( then P reg ) BMW 540i for a weekend a few ( many ! ) years ago and it was a superbly impressive 4.4ltr saloon sports car.

Vowed i would have one, but when the crunch time came I feared that it would never be so robust technologically as the Ls400, so didn't buy one.

I don't think i made a mistake.

Malc

Yep couldn't agree more as I have owned a string of BMWs and still own one. I do like the older BMs though and dislike that their product range is expanding to fill seemingly every niche whilst simultaneously losing what once made them appealing (sharknose, hofmeister kink, svelte looks etc) - they will be releasing a '9' series soon! which will simply be a larger '7' makes me wonder what is next in the range.

Plus I feel the styling on many of them is questionable, oddly enough people still seem to buy the uglier BMs....

Fortunately I was lucky enough to own an E34 M5 3.6 and that was a very good car to drive, being fast, with great dynamics and last of the truly hand made M series. The quality was also superb in every respect which is something I found lacking in later BMW models.

I recently rode in an older 54 plate C class Merc. The ride was pretty good, the suspension was a bit thumpy over ridges in the road but my main gripe was the seats. The Germans must be born with extra padding on their posteriors --- the seats are hard and uncomfortable compared to Lexus. The interior cabin fit and finish was showing its age too. Plastic edges on door pulls that don't meet etc. Not really impressed and repairs to the car have been very, and I mean very, expensive.

I recently rode in an older 54 plate C class Merc. The ride was pretty good, the suspension was a bit thumpy over ridges in the road but my main gripe was the seats. The Germans must be born with extra padding on their posteriors --- the seats are hard and uncomfortable compared to Lexus. The interior cabin fit and finish was showing its age too. Plastic edges on door pulls that don't meet etc. Not really impressed and repairs to the car have been very, and I mean very, expensive.

Agree about the seats, found this back in early 80's with BMW's and three years ago on a day trip from Cotswolds to Stirling (as a passenger in a 5 series).

Felt like I had been sat for hours on a church bench, so maybe the seat designer for our Bavarian Brethren is an ardent believer in Lutheran piety and uncomfortable bottoms.

I also find Audi's Golfs, and quite a few Mercs having a numb-bum approach to their cars

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links