Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2014 Ct Advance Voice Control Speed Cameras Sat Nav

PWOOD

I thought the Advance stated in the brochure it has some sort of voice control for the sat nav. Is the "voice" just the spoken directions and not some sort of way to navigate without using the controller. Also the brochure mentions speed camera notifications how does that work. In Stirling / forth valley area we only mobile camera vans which I assume are not included in the alerts. Does the Advance even have camera warnings?

the speed camera notifications work by the sat nav being given the longitude and latitude positions for each camera then as you approach a camera it warns you,i am 99% certain that its illegal to have a rader detector fitted to alert you of mobile camera's

but

here is a site that tells you where the mobile cameras will be hiding,its a requirement for the locations to be published so try this link

http://www.speedorsafety.com/the-cameras/

Thanks for link. I just wondered if the car actually had that function as there was nothing in POI or anything to suggest it did.

i dont have the nav in mine ,i go to the same place day in day out so i dont have the need for it ,i do have a tomtom for the rare times i go somewhere i dont know

• 3 weeks later...

I have the advance and like you thought it came with the voice controlled sat-nav (as per my wife's IS) but I have not been able to get it to work and have come to the conclusion it does not have it. I have a printout of the product bulletin for the 2014 CT200h and it has a tick in the column "voice controlled capability" so I might mention this the next time I am at the dealer.

I now believe the voice control is limited to using a Bluetooth connected mobile to do phone things. I don't have a Bluetooth phone so cannot try it but I know that the sat-nav can use the contact data in such a device to setup a navigation route so maybe you can sort of control the sat-nav via voice that way.

As for the speed camera alerts it definitely does this as when I approach a fixed one I get a warning beep. This is reliant on some kind of database and I am not sure how up to date it will be.

Hope you are enjoying your CT though, personally I think it is fantastic car and suites me and my needs exactly.

Snavekram, Its certainly the easiest car to drive ive ever owned and there is something about the silent glide when you move off that brings a grin to the face. The Bluetooth phone part is rather useful especially being able to glance at a text and the voice quality is really good. Easily paired to my Samsung S4 and the wifes S2. I cant browse music via Bluetooth for some reason only play what I have already selected however as I use a USB stick full of high bitrate MP3 its not a major issue. fwiw this small size USB stick fits in the slot and the flap will close over it (why they dont make a larger arm rest and put the slots inside is beyond me) so its not easily knocked or tempting for a tealeaf .

Im hoping the seats will loose a bit of of firmness on the base over time but they are good at holding me in place when cornering which the CT does rather well and I am comparing to my previous car a Honda CRZ which sat a lot lower.

I dont know about you but keeping EV lit is very addictive :-)

One other advantage of the USB stick rather than blue tooth for music is that the album artwork carries over into the ct display - at least mine does - I dumped my entire Iphone music into the low profile stick and it's works a treat

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

One other advantage of the USB stick rather than blue tooth for music is that the album artwork carries over into the ct display - at least mine does - I dumped my entire iphone music into the low profile stick and it's works a treat

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

I get the artwork via Bluetooth but can access music to browse. I think it may be down to storing the music on my S4's microsd card. I dont know about you but it can take a while before you are able to browse the music on the SD stick sometimes which is annoying is say you you go into the car first thing and want to play something else other than what you had on previously. I wonder is its down to amount of music on the stick which is around 9GB so far and all at 256-320 KBPS bitrates.