Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally Got My Ls400! Few Questions Please...

Hi again all,

Got my Ls400 last week and im actually loving it despite thinking i may not because of the difference it is to all of my other cars...

A few questions please---

1- I cant seem to set the cruise control? i press the button and the cruise control on the dash comes on but doesn't do anything and cant seem to set it.

2- I need to replace the gear shifter...how do i do this?

3- The display for time/temp etc above A/C controls doesn't appear to be working....could this be a fix or would i need to replace it?

4- I have a telephone and controls on the steering wheel for it...is there a module or something i can purchase to make this work again? I have a big old aerial thing on the boot on my car...looks funny, i was told this was a phone receiver?

Probably more questions needed answering soon as im doing a full restoration on it. Paint work and electrics seem to work so all good so far. Also full service history so pretty good going.

All answers hugely appreciated as always. Thank yo.

Rich

The cruise control had me stumped for a bit too!

• To use it, press the button on the end so "CRUISE" appears on the dash display.
  • Whilst travelling at the desired speed, push the cruise control lever downwards and release. That will maintain the current speed.
  • To increase the speed, lift the lever upwards.
  • To temporarily turn off cruise control, pull the lever towards you. This will leave "CRUISE" still on the dash display but you will not be under speed control until you press the lever downwards again.
  • To switch off cruise control completely, press the button on the end again.

Did a couple of hundred miles on the M4 yesterday and today and the cruise control is fabbo :hocus-pokus:

Hi Rich

Sorry you got a poor welcome but the individual responsible as only been here five minutes so don't judge us all by him

There are answers to most of your queries in the archives so if you enter the subject in the search box whatever pertaining to that subject will show up.

I can tell you that the A/C clock display is a common fault and can be fixed but you need to read the subject up in the archives.

As to the phone I was not aware the 95 had controls on the steering wheel for any function so that one as me bemused.

• Like 1

........thought you guys would be more helpful...

The manual wont tell me how to remove and change the shifter or replace the time/heating display will it...

The read the manual comment that was made has nothing to do with the friendship that you get on The LOC. Mike

Edited by janey
Derogatory comments reported

Hi again all,

Got my Ls400 last week and im actually loving it despite thinking i may not because of the difference it is to all of my other cars...

1- I cant seem to set the cruise control? i press the button and the cruise control on the dash comes on but doesn't do anything and cant seem to set it.

3- The display for time/temp etc above A/C controls doesn't appear to be working....could this be a fix or would i need to replace it?

4- I have a telephone and controls on the steering wheel for it...is there a module or something i can purchase to make this work again? I have a big old aerial thing on the boot on my car...looks funny, i was told this was a phone receiver?

Probably more questions needed answering soon as im doing a full restoration on it. Paint work and electrics seem to work so all good so far. Also full service history so pretty good going.

Rich

When you put the gear stick into drive make sure that the gear stick is over to the left and not to the right. If it is over to the right it wont work. I only found this out myself thanks to Steve after owning my LS 400 for coming up to 6 years. Cant help on the others. Good luck Mike

Hiya

4. did not know the 400 had phone controls on the steering wheel, my old mk 3 certainly didn't. What you have maybe an aftermarket device of some sort, so we really cannot help with that.

3. This display is a common fault after years of service, you can fix it, Edd China on wheeler dealers did one on the Ls400 they had on the show.

2. What part of the gear shifter needs replacing, if it's the knob only then it unscrews if i remember right, turn the knob anti clockwise to remove (correct me if i'm wrong guys)

1. Clunkfish seems to have covered this in his reply quite well.

I'll tell you what I'm after Richy if you can help me plz, a front spoiler for my mk4 ls400, do you know if there's anyone in the uk who sell these?

I'll tell you what I'm after Richy if you can help me plz, a front spoiler for my mk4 ls400, do you know if there's anyone in the uk who sell these?

Definitely keep an eye on eBay. Mike

Hi again all,

Rich

Cruise control operation is a bit weird, but once you've pressed the button and the "cruise" light is lit, you move the stalk down to cruise at your current speed, away from you to cancel, and up to resume. While in cruise, you can also move the stalk up and down to raise or lower your speed.

To remove the gear shift you have to first remove the cupholders, then get your fingers in the wood trim and lift it up. Once you've unplugged the switches and whatnot, you can then remove the gear selector unit.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links