Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Collecting My Is300H On Tuesday!

Hi folks,

New to the club and picking up my IS300h on Tuesday night, fingers crossed.

After test driving a Luxury and an F-Sport, I plumped for the Luxury. I actually preferred the more cushioned ride of the Luxury (I'm not a boy racer! lol) and really didn't like the black roof-liner of the F-Sport. I might be in the minority saying that, but each to their own. Pity the Luxury doesn't come with the one piece grill.

I plumped for the upgraded electric memory/heated/cooled seats and chose Sonic Titanium for the color. Lexus Edinburgh gave me a free upgrade to the Premium Sat Nav system, a £1000 deposit contribution, a further £1000 off the price, and paid for the transfer of my private plate. All in, a great deal.

I have no idea how I'm going to get through another 4 sleeps. I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself!

I have to say, John Canning at Lexus Edinburgh has been absolutely brilliant. The best sales experience I've ever had. I'm also looking forward to being a member of the Saturday Wash Club!

Regards,

Ross.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks folks. Picked the car up last Tuesday from John Canning at Lexus Edinburgh. What an amazing service experience. The car was in its own little garage with highly polished tiled floor and under a black cloth until it was revealed to me. It is a beautiful car to look at and to drive. A real head-turner too....lost count of how many times I've seen other drivers admiring it. I've uploaded some photos to my Flickr stream here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross_strachan/sets/72157644415860273

• Like 1

Oh wow... I got mine Friday, but it was delivered to the door.. so no chance to see it revealed from under a cloth!

Is that unique to your dealership, or do all dealers do this sort of thing?

Also, nice work on the free premium nav upgrade!!! I was determined to get the Mark Levinson stereo, so I ended up having to shell out for the nav too. Would have actually been cheaper for me to drive the almost 900 mile round trip to buy it from the same place you did :| Argh!

Oh wow... I got mine Friday, but it was delivered to the door.. so no chance to see it revealed from under a cloth!

Also, nice work on the free premium nav upgrade!!! I was determined to get the Mark Levinson stereo, so I ended up having to shell out for the nav too. Would have actually been cheaper for me to drive the almost 900 mile round trip to buy it from the same place you did :| Argh!

You should have used that proverbial phrase when asking for the free upgrade and getting refused

"I'll think about it and come back to you" making your way towards the door :)

"Deal or no deal?"

Welcome to the LOC Ross, enjoy the Lexus experience :)

It's a nice touch indeed. My family ended up helping the UK economy by purchasing two other new cars last year, an Audi A1 by my daughter and a Honda Hazz Hybrid for Mrs DJP. Both dealerships did the unveiling ceremony with a couple of other gives aways - champagne for the daughter and golf stuff for the Mrs (for me, of course).

The competition in the family was not about the unveiling of the car, but how much petrol was in the vehicle on delivery. The Honda had a third of a tank, the Audi half a tank and the Lexus - full to the brim :driving:

• Like 1

Thanks folks. Yup, I got a full tank of fuel too. And a bootliner free! :-)

I know how you feel Steve44, the waiting is the hardest part. But it will be worth it, trust me!

Congrats. Sounds as though you had similar debates to me. In the end I couldn't quite stretch to the seat upgrade, but I did stick with an F-Sport (not quite a former boy racer, but an enthusiast :)) with the Premium Nav upgrade.

I haven't got the car yet and it's a company lease but so far the service from Lexus Coventry has been sublime. They're even coming to collect me from my house on 'delivery day' to take me to the dealership to collect my car, which is a nice touch as it would obviously have been simpler for them to deliver the car to me.

Roll on 31st May....

Apparently, having spoken to the dealer again tonight, private customers like me get a full tank of fuel but fleet drivers are more likely to get a quarter to a half.

I got a surprise gift from them tonight......being an avid cufflink collector/wearer they surprised me with a beautiful set of "Cross" Lexus cufflinks!

• Like 2

That's a pity Haf, have they given a reason for the slippage?

Nothing more than a 1 liner from the leasing company stating they will provide additional details when available.

I was all psyched up for receiving it on friday (when current lease expires) and hope its just a delay of a week rather than any more.