Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Went To Buy A Family Car, Came Back With A Sportcross!

Fox

Hi folks

Me and my girlfriend had been looking for a practical, safe family car and I'm still not quite sure what happened, but on Thursday we went out to look at cars and came back with a IS200 Sportcross!

We had a test drive and all sense of practicality flew out the window.

Ah well, the dog will just have to lose some weight and I think my two year old seemed quite comfy in the sports seats.

Got lots of useful information from here already and no doubt be using this forum quite a lot in the future.

Cheers

Martin

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome comments guys.

Ian, I've already told the dog if he learns to read maps and ask directions he can sit up front with me.

Don't you worry about the dog, we got a huge Airedale who rode in the back of our Sportcross quite happily, in fact has never settled so well in any other car. Fuel consumption in ours (300) was fine unless driven really hard,Enjoy

You may never recover.....we did the same and came back with an IS200, then we went to get something else a few years later, and came back with a 300 sportcross........that was about 7 years ago and she's still on the drive. There is talk about an old landie for some agricultural fun, but would probably end up buying an LS400 or something instead if we tried it, so the sportcross is safe at the moment and not for sale!!!

Looking around for a car for daughter recently, (cant afford IS insurance) and peeked into all sorts of cars (VW/Mazda/Audi and stuff) and I was bored stupid just sitting behind the wheel !!

If Lexus stopped producing new cars that just follow the styling trend of all the others, and go back to class timeless design, I would be in the market even for a new one.

I got the car yesterday after the dealer MOT'd it for us. I now understand what the fuss is about.

Tony, you're right, the dog seemed at home. He's used to an estate so i thought he might be a bit

unsettled, but he seemed at home. It might be because i told him a Lexus loving giant airdale was gonna come round and have words

otherwise.

Janet, good to hear someone else has gone out car shopping with the purest of intentions

and returned with an IS. I swear we were gonna buy a passat, honestly ;) And your right VW/volvo/etc could put you to sleep in comparison.

It's like reading my post from last January.

We had a Corsa . . wanted a larger car with Isofix and an improved fuel economy ahead of the arrival of our daughter . . . came home with an IS200 SportCross. Love it so much.

Fuel economy can be good, maybe not in the 300, but you gotta drive it so leisurely, like an LS owner.

Mavis the Airdale is jealous having been downgraded to a Honda Jazz,she liked the Sportcross floor set to high giving a better view out and I think the Lexus badge helped her image! Good luck with the new motor.

• 2 weeks later...

Loving the new car so far. Light years faster than my previous v40 tractor.
Just need to sort out a couple of windscreen chips, chips in the bonnet paint work and unstick a rear passenger window that doesn't want to open.

post-50106-0-78773600-1399314952_thumb.j

post-50106-0-97307300-1399315323_thumb.j

Hi Fox and welcome ; good choice on the sportcross ,looks good on the photos .I enjoy mine and the fuel consumption is OK once you get out of town; One tip ,I don't know how bad your windscreen chips are but if they are bad enough to require a replacement screen make sure it is fitted correctly by someone who pays attention to the detail .The only real problem I have had with my car apart from routine maintenence was a badly fitted screen which leaked water through onto the electrics causing a nightmare !! .

I was told this happens regularly by the guy who replaced the screen correctly.

Enjoy

Dave

Thanks for the tip Dave. Fortunately the chips aren't too bad, but i've heard other IS owners have the same problem with replacements.