Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1993 Lexus Gs 300 Key Is Stuck In Acc Position.

reaf4

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

If memory serves me correctly there is an interlock solenoid which prevents removal of the key from the ignition lock unless the transmission is in park.

Removing the Battery connection will remove power from this system hence the reason why you can remove the key once it is disconnected.

I'll try and find wiring details and come back with more information later.

Hi,

As promised the diagnostic information for the problem you have is on the link below.

The description is for a Toyota model but is the same for the Lexus GS300.

Dependant on your repair skills you may understand it but if not any decent garage should be able to use it to find the problem.

One thing to do before anything else is to check your brake lights are working, if they are not there is a chance that the brake light switch has failed or the associated fuse which forms part of the key interlock circuit.

http://bgbonline.celicatech.com/94_6gmanual/shift%20lock%20system.pdf

• Like 1

I want to thank both steve2006 and Tigerfish for your help. Both of you saved the day and me some money!!! The problem was with the ECU module, it had a few burnt resistors which wasn't allowing the voltage to drop at the key interlock solenoid. Thanks again I greatly appreciate it!

You are very welcome

Did you diagnose this yourself or get a local gagrage to do the detective work?

Also did you manage to find a secondhand ECU to replace the defective one?

Only asking as I have never come across this problem before and the answers may help other members if they get the same problem in the future.