Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Certainly is, there is another one to come though, the CD player will stop working, the actual mechanism breaks so the cd's won't play and wont eject

• 1 year later...

Thought I'd bump this.  I don't believe a re-cone is need, nor removal of the seat.  Today, as the sub was, very annoyingly, distorting and rattling at even low volumes, I prised off the sub grill with interior removal tools (2 seconds), and applied Elmers Rubber Cement (couple of quid off ebay) around the outside of the speaker where it connects to the rim.  The rubber cement if flexible so still allows the cone to move freely.  Wasn't my idea, - read the idea elsewhere and apparently it's a fix that lasts.  Sounds lovely now - deep, clear, clean bass, - no rattles, - took about 10 mins.

On 27/04/2014 at 2:34 PM, 9690phil said:

Cheers messi. You know how to make somebodies day. Just took cover off sub and the foam looks intact still looks new. When i put my finger on foam the vibrate stops?

PS - yes, - that's exactly what mine did, so you probably had the same, common, easily fixed issue, that I had.

I'll be taking my sub cover off today as mine has the same problem, hopefully it'll be just easy to fix.  By rubber cement, are we talking about the same stuff that bike inner tubes get repaired with? 

4 hours ago, 9690phil said:

I used clear silicone, did the job and seems to last 

I've read a lot of posts where silicone has been used successfully. Have you done your door speakers a well?

2 minutes ago, 9690phil said:

Yes both front doors. This was on my last 430 as at the mo these are ok on the one I've got now, just sub doesn't work at all

So the same issue (as the sub) can occur on the door speakers also?  How easy is it to access door speakers?

1 hour ago, PJD said:

So the same issue (as the sub) can occur on the door speakers also?  How easy is it to access door speakers?

Wasn't as hard as i thought. It was easier to repair the sub in situ than the doors but it's not to bad. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links