Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Sat Nav "a Program Cannot Be Read. Please Consult To A Deale

Hi guys,

I've had this issue for a few weeks now and have taken it to my local lexus dealership, to see if they could remove the map dvd but they told me that I need a replacement. Now considering they're quoting me over £1700, I'm more inclined to think whether it is possible to get the disc out our whether I should try to get a 2nd hand replacement. Any advice or thoughts on te matter would be appreciated.

Have a look in the 250 forum. There have been some posts recently about getting DVD's from Germany via eBay. They are proper ones too....apparently. Your handbook will tell you the method of removal.

You don't really mean £1700 surely??

I kid you not. The lexus dealership said they couldn't order just the sat nav unit. It would have to be the whole interface and dvd changer as well. Me and a buddy will see what we can do ourselves to remove the map disc.

When you get the DVD out, take a good look at it for any signs of scratches or dirt. Would be worth running a DVD laser cleaning disc through it just in case it's caused by a mucky laser reader.

Hi Leon

The sat nav disc sits behind the clock panel. You need to use to little screwdrivers to push in the holes at either side and the panel should then clip off. Be careful not to break it when you take it off.

This should allow you to remove the DVD and see if it is damaged or if it is in fact the unit which needs to be replaced.

I believe that new original discs from lexus are £150, however you can sometime pick up ones on eBay but you need to be sure they will work on your unit, otherwise you may think the unit is damaged when it is another faulty disc.

Hi katsumitsu

Please post your findings!!!! My father's Lexus (IS205SE 2007) has the same error message after replacing the Battery and his Lexus dealer knows nothing. (They can change the oil, but electronics is to technical for them)

Regards

• 3 months later...

Hi guys,

Just got around to taking out the navigation system with a buddy but the disc was heavily scratched. So without a replacement dvd, I can't be sure whether it was the disc or the navigation system, where the problem lies. In addition, when I everything back in, my electric windows control from driver's side door isn't operating fully. I can control the driver's side windows but not the passenger side windows. However, both window controls on the passenger side are working fine. I disconnected the Battery when I removed the stereo, so I'm no sure if I shorted out something. Any ideas? Oh I've found a website a that sells an updated map dvd costing £125 exc vat. Anyone know of any website that sells the last updated map dvd for the 2006 is250?

Thanks in advance

You probably need to re-initialise your windows. With ignition on, lower the window and keep the button pressed for a couple of seconds. Then raise it and again keep the button pressed for a couple of seconds. You need to do this using the switch on each door, not from the driver's door.

You can get genuine copies of the E19 disk for West Europe for about £60 on eBay. There are 2 or 3 sellers selling them.

Hi guys,

Just got around to taking out the navigation system with a buddy but the disc was heavily scratched. So without a replacement dvd, I can't be sure whether it was the disc or the navigation system, where the problem lies. In addition, when I everything back in, my electric windows control from driver's side door isn't operating fully. I can control the driver's side windows but not the passenger side windows. However, both window controls on the passenger side are working fine. I disconnected the battery when I removed the stereo, so I'm no sure if I shorted out something. Any ideas? Oh I've found a website a that sells an updated map dvd costing £125 exc vat. Anyone know of any website that sells the last updated map dvd for the 2006 is250?

Thanks in advance

This may help you a bit with sourcing the DVDs

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/92895-satnav-update/

Your window thing is just an initialising problem...you did not fuse anything but lost the function when you disconnected the Battery.