Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello! Lexus Rx300Se

Wildwoodflower

Hi everyone,

After many years tanking about in Series Land Rovers, in January I sent my very ancient 109 Station Wagon for major restoration and set about finding an interim vehicle. I needed a good, strong, reliable modern 4x4 and the choice came down to either a Land Cruiser, or a Lexus RX300.

It's fairly obvious which one I went for!

After researching and searching across the UK, I finally found just the vehicle in my home city - a low mileage RX300SE, in blue with black leather, an original UK car with a full history and no issues. Nice.

It would be hard to exaggerate the joy of my children when mum came home with a vehicle that didn't require them to wear ear defenders on the motorway ... that had an efficient heater ... a fancy stereo ... windscreen wipers with more than one speed ... comfortable seats ... good grief - heated seats! ... the list goes on and you all know it only too well.

I confess - our RX300SE has been a revelation. Utterly reliable, incredibly comfortable and soothing to travel in, it is the antithesis of Land Rover, ancient or modern.

I soon found this forum and have lurked here for a while, but as nothing has ever gone wrong, I hadn't registered until now.

So, how am I going to break it to the kids that with the old Land Rover nearing the end of its restoration, the Lexus is going to have to go? And when push comes to shove, can I really give it up?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links