Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trottle Body

jc67

Hello everyone my Altezza 3sge develop problems on the dashboard flashing trc and service light plus no feel on the accelerator pedal when pressed. After cleaning the trottle body and MAP. Can anyone help please THANKS.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the throttle body cleaned on my 2001 IS200 a little while ago due to lumpy idle. It was a bit better but soon suffered with flashing TRC and EML. I bought a second hand Throttle body which cured the problem as just couldn't get the idle correct with the old one. It's better now but just not the same, when it's first started it revs up to 2000rpm and takes time to settle, it now doesn't idle as smooth as it used all of the time. Total nightmare and seems incurable.

Hello, sorry for the late reply😊 E910 , we just use normal carburator cleaner. It self cured after, dont know why😞. All we did after cleaning it was connected everything together MAF and connectors , turn the ignition but not ticking step on the accerator pedal turned off the key restart and boom magic😉 its fixed even the traction control and engine yellow light is gone

Don't use carb clean on the MAF, the wires are very delicate & it may melt the plastic. You can get specific MAF sensor cleaner theses days otherwise use a plastic safe elelectro clean.

Rich have you taken it to your local Lexus garage & had them scan it for fault codes? No problem is incurable. Coils give hassles on the 1GFE, VVT solenoid could is faulty as well.