Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Violent Juddering!

jamieb199

For the past few weeks iv noticed an increasingly bad juddering on the N/S/F

It starts when braking and then carries on for half a mile or more then goes away completely!

at high speed it gets so violent that the steering wheel goes mental and the gear lever flicks about like mad (does stay in gear).

I changed the wheels over on the front but nothing changed so its not a buckled wheel or anything

Has anyone had this problem?

could it be a wraped disc if it starts when braking? Normally this is worse at high speeds and can cause the steering wheel to shake quite a lot depending on how bad it is.

Does it ever happen without you braking first?

It can sometimes be quite hard to notice if you disc is wraped.

From what you are saying it could be the disc and I believe garages have a tool which can check the surface and confirm if it is damaged.

I had the same a few years ago I would bet that caliper is siezed on, i bought a brake rebuild kit from www.biggred.co.uk and done both sides, cheap and very quick delivery. I doubt the disc is warped

• 3 months later...

I had this problem and have had new calipers, brake pads and discs replaced. After three months this appears to have come back. The garage changed the discs again saying they were warped but it seems to have come back again. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this keeps happening?

You may have new new callipers but do you have new calliper carriers with new slide pins? Because if the slide pins are corroded and sticking then it won't show itself as blatant as when the calliper pistons sieze. May take time to present itself.

I've also seen it a lot. People replace the calliper but not the carrier and slide pins and are back at square one and don't know why.

As above check the caliper sliders in the carrier if its not that then look at discs, its very uncommon to warp a disc, however deposits can build up on the disc from the pad especially in automatics if you sit after pulling up to a stop with your foot on the brake. ask youre garage if they have a DTI that they can measure the runout of the discs with.

• 8 months later...

Hi haveing same problem only mine started about a month a go it drives fine then it will start juddering and eml will start flashing I've changed coil pack throttle body plugs air filter to no afect if any one has come across this pls help

Have you changed those parts without retrieving the fault codes by plugging it into an obd2 code reader or getting a garage to run a diagnostics? get the fault codes it'll tell you what the problem is or the area where the problem is.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links