Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help I Am Thinking Of Buying This

Well it has been a very long time since I sat in 500, but it does seem to me like it is less roomy than I remember, but maybe if your the only person in it, then not an issue.

The only thing about it is, and I think this about a lot of modern cars, is that they al look like the same Euro-boxes.

It is getting harder and harder to distinguish a Vectra from a Merc and so on.

But I am sure this will not stop you looking and maybe buying.

My missus would kill me, but then she has let me spend silly money on stereo gear in the past.

Which make me say, if the stereo is not up the scratch in the 500, then pass it by.

I know it's not better than my 430, it's a bit like I love my beautiful wonderful wife, but I wouldn't mind an affair with this. ....

Hmm, why?

I mean, it's an ok motor, but (and I disagree: I think a post-2006 S-Class in working order is better than an LS430), I don't understand why you like that one in particular, when there are so many other S-Class Mercs available? And much cheaper ones too.

I'm really puzzled.

It ain't a Lexus so don't buy it.....simples

• Like 1

If you want a S-class - I would go for a pristine example of the W140 500 SEL or 500 SEC

I had the w124 500 SEL - I wouldn't go there :)

• Like 1

...........they are all seeking that aerodynamically perfect style .................That's one of the reasons I so so like the Ls400 Mk1, 2, 3 and 4 ........ just so distinctive from the crowd .......... and special :hehe:

Malc

• Like 2

IN THIS LEXUS OWNER'S CLUB FORUM

I SOLEMNLY SWEAR TO DISCUSS LEXUS,

THE WHOLE LEXUS,

AND NOTHING BUT...

what I find of relative interest, SO HELP ME ALL!

:)

• Like 1

I own an ls430 but the I thing the 400 has more road presence and personality - expecially your only which you have just sold.

I agree with with one of the posters above that these modern cars look too alike.

not a merc fan but I would say go and drive it and decide from there

I wonder whether today's car look-alike style is deliberate? Maybe because many customers prefer the less ostentatious vehicle, ie they like to blend in with the Vectra crowd?

Hi Hi Hi

Very droll but still of no relative interest its not a Lexus and at the end of the day we are here to discuss Lexus cars not every other make thats comes up for someones fancy otherwise the essence of the site gets diluted by mundane claptrap on any subject under the sun and by the way some of us have been around from the inception of this Forum to gain from and contribute serious material content to this site.

• Like 1

I am converted to my Lexus, I think (astonishingly similar to the one you sold, being maroon with around 60000 miles). Having just read a blog on the attention to detail that went into the development of the 400, I can't think what I would replace it with. That said, go with your instincts, life is short so if you like it, go for it.

Thanks fellows, I did not buy it, in fact I did not even go and look at it. it was madness to even consider buying it.

I will get an S Class but I will take Rudys advice and look for the earlier model.

I apologize to any forum members who were offended by my posting this, I meant no offense

I'm sure no one was offended.

Ruffled a few feathers ...maybe :)

At the end of the day it's your choice and your money to spend - just spend it wisely :)

I recall Merc owners saying 'Why have you guys been hiding Lexus from us?" or some such.

The Ser 4 was always a pinnacle for me.

Put a Citroen DS or CX body on and......?

That's the 'bland look' bit dealt with!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links