Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Caliper Help.

mDx

Hello everyone, I am in need of help, I am about of changed my brake pads because i was hearing some noise from the left side when i drive but when i brake then the noise i hear is gone, sorry for my english. So i taked off my pads with the callipers easy job, never throught lexus would do easy. But it is..
And the probllem was one of the calliper i don't know what its called two yokes that pushes the pads and makes it stop could u tell me what its called. They are stuck. one side is seems ok but another the gum is wrecked seems needs to be replaced do i need to replace the whole caliper or is it possible to replace them self.. I don;t know if any of us understand what i mean, but when i drive now i dont even need to use the brakes anymore its stoppin its self beraly... totally fu""d.. any help please.
I changed one side to new pads cuz i coulndt change another side if that pressure that makes those two yokes.. when i press brake and pump it uup the disc doesnt move at all. So I leaved used brakes on it. but another disc which new pads heating soo maad.. both sides seems to be bad now..

try and take the piston out and check to see if they've got some surface rust if yes clean it off then put the piston back in or you can get new piston and fit that in instead.

so that what its called piston, i throught i have to change the whole caliper, well that what mechanic said..

Buy a reconditioned caliper and have that fitted, you don't want to be driving around with faulty brakes!

Link below is for driver's side but they do both sides so make sure you order the correct one for the left side.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-IS200-IS-200-IS300-IS-300-Front-Brake-Caliper-right-genuine-OEM-unit-/300763618459?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3ALexus&hash=item4606e89c9b

I got offered one of the guy would rebuild it and put it back on for 100E,
Kit + Piston costs me for 2 full front about 107 Pounds i say. So about 130E
230E. would deffo put me self on easy.
For buying it would cost me 98 Pounds x2 plus 30 Pounds delivery.
226 Pounds would make 250 Eu all togerher what is worth? He said my caliper are good condition to get rebuild.
And are PAGID good brand?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links