Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My car was recently stolen and I need to get a new one. My boss has offered me his 1995 LS 400 for a great price. I have a few questions though. I know Japanese cars are very reliable, I have owned 2 nissans and were very happy with them, This car has 74,000 miles on it but is in immaculate condition. Is there any scheduled service at the 75,000 or 100,000 mile mark that wil cost me $$ that I should know about i.e. timing belts etc. Also how well do these cars hold up after 100,000 miles, I plan on owning it for a while if I buy it. My last car had 230,000 miles.

The car does not have a CD player in it, I understand there is a 6 disk cd changer available (in the glove box I believe), Are they easy to get/install, how much should I expect to spend? Or is there another CD option?

Lastly, I am 29 years old and not sure if this car is too "old" for me. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks

Excellent choice; get it checked out beforehand professionally.

Timing belt should have been done before now; there should be a sticker on it (the engine) showing its been done and at what mileage.

I thought all LSs had the CD changer ?

Oh and as for the 'oldie' thing don't worry it's a great car the women love it !

I agree; excellent choice. I have a '98 LS400 with 104,000 miles on it and it still goes like its brand new. I also thought that they all came with CD changers so you might want to check. Cam belt changes are normally every 60,000 miles so your next one should be at 120,000! As for the age thing, I wouldn't worry. Very few so called sports cars can come close to beating it off the lights and none of them with such refinement. And its got a killer stereo that plays house music (modern stuff apparently!) better than the base binned honda civics that you see in my local high street.

Enjoy!

Sorry, thought you were in the UK. CD player probably an option in the US. Ignore my previous post as the links are for UK specifications.

Make sure the car has service history and the cam belt has been changed and you shouldn't have any problems.

I would also post your question on the US site. They should be able to give you info about the CD player options.

fine motor indeed.. i nearly purcahsed one myself.. but i got an SC in the end at a good price

The LS will go on forever if you service it regullarly.

Check to make sure the timing belt has been done... its a costly repair

but if it is done then you can rest assure you will be ok for another 50K

go for it... you wont be dissapointed!