Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nationwide Car Transport + Delivery

Hi

can someone tell me of some good companies, cheap ones if possible, as I need a car picked up from a car auction 250 miles away and delivered back to me in one piece lol,

which companies have you guys dealt with who transport or pickup and delivery vehicles

cheers

The auction place would probably be the best to ask as they will have local companies they probably use themselves plus the cost is usually less as they are already in the area so don't have to travel far to pick up the car before delivering it to you.

Some companies charge by the mile but this is calculated on a one way basis as it will include their return journey costs and it can also vary on the physical size of the car.

Ususally £1.00 to £1.50 a mile.

I had a car collected from Glossop by a company based there, very professional with the correct vehicle for a 2 ton LS400, I didn't even need to be there as arranged for the keys to be left available, non starter so had to be loaded on the winch.

Dropped off to the door for £80.00 cash after originally starting at £120.00 inc VAT.

Always worth haggling with striaght cash :)

• Like 1

hey steve

yes ill be calling the auction first thing tomorrow to find out, but I believe the company them selves will charge a arm and a leg,

if I find a private one obviously im just not going to let him go collect my car never knowing I might not see him again so do I ask for his proof of id, licence or insurance or something?

cheers

hey greggster

that's fine will start doing that, but worse case scenario , he does a runner with my 500 pound motor lol, my insurance wont cover it has he has the logbook and keys , so he will get away clean?

:whistling:you could try your breakdown/recovery company if you have full cover. They might do a good deal or maybe you could "breakdown" in it

Hi

can someone tell me of some good companies, cheap ones if possible, as I need a car picked up from a car auction 250 miles away and delivered back to me in one piece lol,

which companies have you guys dealt with who transport or pickup and delivery vehicles

cheers

Bit late i know, sorry.

You could try Shiply.... http://www.shiply.com/

Its a kind of reverse eBay, you post what you want moving, from where to where and let them bid on who can do it the cheapest.

Iv'e used it both ways, as a buyer of a delivery service and a delivery service as well (not for cars though).

We went to the isle of man tt races in 2013, i saw 3 items for delivery there, all small so i bid and got all 3, it wasnt out of my way and it paid for the fuel in the lexus for the trip, bonus.

I had 4 ls400 wheels delivered from brighton 2 years ago now, it cost 25quid all in and i chose the delivery day as well.